Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

How many of us have near original spec Corrados?

Hey guys,

I've modified my Corrado quite a bit since getting it two and a half years ago but have always tried to keep it looking original spec. I like having mine faithful to how VW styled it - even if some people say "take some air out the arches" :lol:

How many other people have tried to keep their's looking "as new"?

Put up a pic if you can - seeing original spec ones aint that common these days.

I intend to do quite a bit to mine but the wheels will always remain, the ride hid however and some underbonnet tinkering is coming!!

I have tried to keep mine true to the original spirit, but simply can't live with the stock rear lights, indicators and ride height and 15" wheels do the car no favours hence the RS 301s (intended for the Corrado in any event) apart from that i'm near enough high end standard or OEM+ eg 312mm brakes, gauge pack leather Recaros etc

One that is a bit modded and one that is absolutely standard with the exception of a K&N panel filter which I fitted because it was lying around.

Yep, I've tried to keep mine original, Speedlines, std height, just as VW intended. I like a lot of custom rado's that i've seen, but personally I'm thinking if it ain't broke, don't fix it (works out much cheaper that way too ;) ). I might be forced to convert to manual one day though!

Yup mine's standard too, bought it like that (added after photo was taken), bar the badgeless grille i added, and im reluctant to start modding it. HOWEVER a little more power would be nice :)

looking good guys - I've got my Speedies in the garage at the moment - planning on getting them refurbished in the summer. Solitudes are nice as well though.

What's the deal with the plate Tom?

looking good guys - I've got my Speedies in the garage at the moment - planning on getting them refurbished in the summer. Solitudes are nice as well though.

What's the deal with the plate Tom?

Isle of Man plates are a completely different system.

Very basically, every plate has to contain one of the following:

MN

MAN or

somethingMN e.g BMN, CMN, TMN etc

....and then another set of numbers ranging from 1 to 9999

Gives you quite a lot of options for custom plates but probably not as good as the UK.

My winter hack.

Is your side indicator self levelling ? :lol:

:lol:

Yep.

It's a standard feature on green VR's ;)

It has since been fixed :)

Not manage VR6 MAN or anything then Tom?

Unfortunately not. Best I could manage would be V126 MAN and merge the 1 & 2 into an R.

i have'nt done anything to my standard vr exept change the interior from that greyish colour to the newer black one, changed the red badges over to the chrome ones & put a mk3 highline rear vw roundel on the rear, so yep mine is pretty much as vw intended.....although the ride height might need to be reduced a tad soon (after i get my car back from having a new/used vr engine fitted after mine started eating itself :( )

Off the top of my head, it's moonlight blue I think. If that's an original colour? With black leather. Unfortunately it doesn't look quite as nice as that at the moment, see my thread about paintwork :cry: One day though. :lol:

I've got a pretty much standard 1990 16v. The only differences from the outside is the black drivers seat.

Standard (ish) ride height, although the rear springs are a tad tired now and sagging, and sebrings.

I've got a K&N and a straight through exhaust with twin DTM pipes though (It was like that when I got it.)

I like to keep it simple.

From the word go, i decided to always keep the interior and exterior completely unchanged.

I think that the Corrado generally attracts a certain type of owner who tend to leave the exterior untouched. Its a great piece of design. The idea of compromising the lines of the car, say for example, to accommodate crazy rims is a little silly to me, but hey many will disagree.

The only change to mine is the ride height. -30mm.

corrado6.jpg

One of mine is standard with the exception of a CD headunit, side strips removed, stainless exhaust (simple oval) and clear side repeaters.

STP60355.jpg

The other is standard bar wheels and being lowered.

almost standard looks like this

Umm... With the exception of the different side repeaters, wheels, suspension, exhaust, tail lights and colour coding of door handles.. and thats just the stuff I can see OSV ;)

But yes, its definately OEM+ :D