Sign in to follow this  
marmite monster

show cages?

There is a place in Stoke-on-trent so not too far from me and you!!!!

I looked into one a little while ago and they are VERY reasonably priced and make them custom to order in any material.

I looked at a half polished ally cage and was about half the price of anywhere else and I've seen the quality and it's fantastic!

http://www.mpsperformance.co.uk/

Heres a pic of one they did in a corrado: http://www.mpsperformance.co.uk/pic019.html

Believe it was someones on here!

Having seen the quality of the cage in that blue 'rado, I can testfy that it's a quality show cage... 8)

...I have no idea how good it'd be as a REAL roll cage, but as a show one, it's nicely made, fits well (dunno how hard it was to fit to the car though!) and looks very, very smart... 8)

Is the cage in the Blue one (Dales old one isnt it?) a 51mm?

They are great prices - makes me wonder though - is there any point doing a 'show' 6 point cage seeing they do front cages too? or if i really want a 6 point should i just get 'proper' cage?

Also we should see how many are up for a group buy before getting in touch - could be a good few people who will want one...

I'd be reeeeally careful about getting a show cage for a number of reasons:

1 - It's a big chunk of steel near your head - you're likely to crack your head on it and either just hurt a bit, or if you're in a spin/accident - do yourself some serious damage (hence why all racing cages are wrapped in foam).

2 - They're rarely bolted in well enough, so in the event of an actual accident it'll come loose and hit/impale you/passenger/innocent bystander

3 - Even if they are bolted in correctly, they won't be of sufficiently strong steel to do much good in the event that you should roll the car and just make it harder for someone to cut you out (tip - if it's chrome plated, it's not the right spec steel).

But stretched tyres are dangerous too and people do it, so up to you :)

Hey what you do is up to you. It does look cool, but feel the safety issues should be pointed out so you can make a decision with that in mind.

:lol: I'm not getting into that debate... mostly because I don't really care one way or the other enough :lol:

"Always look on the bright side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the right side of life,

[whistle]"

just realised new i'd seen that expression somewhere else

dinkus.jpg :wink:

uncanny :lol: