Sign in to follow this  
andiG60

champion eons any good?

just about to give my new vr a service and went to my local halfords who only have a champion eon 702 plug listed for the car. just wondering if anyone had any comments on these plugs or should i go back to vag? for my g60 i was paying about £20 a plug if i remember correctly and that x6 is a big bill for plugs!

For the vr ngk plugs are the only ones that should be used according to everyone ive spoke to. So the dealers it is. I think there also a discount part if ure in any vw clubs

Yeah, show them the membership card and ask for vw parts club discount when you first go in. Some dealers can be difficult about it but most are ok.

if the dealers anything like mine,who didnt even know about the parts discount sceme,and he wouldnt give me any discount :evil: :mad:

as Joe M says NGK's are meant to be the most suitable plug for the VR.....all the others are said to not be able to cope with the massive heat generated by the VR

also if your dealer won't play ball..........go to Halfords and order the NGK's from there......i got mine from Halfords just over a year ago for approx £5 ea...........also if your going to change them yourself best invest in the "Hazet" tool from your VW-dealer......it makes the leads a piece of p*** for getting on and off

The Bosch twins are OK to use. I've used them for 10,000 miles with no problems.

Don't notice any difference between them and NGKs.

Denso iridium plugs are also big in the States at the moment plus Neuspeed also sell some funky plugs.

Kev