Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

Head Thread

Evening!

When trying to take of the standard exhaust manifold the studs broke in the head - I've posted about that already.

I thought I would take afew pics of my head before I sent it off (last week), and I will take some pics of the work done to the head (during the nano second between recieving the parcel and putting the head back on).

It is race power motorsport who are doing the work - 8vg60 gave me their contact details. They are going to replace valve guides and stem seals, re-profile valves and valve seats, open up combustion chamber, and skim the head. I have also given my inlet manifold and throttle blody to be P&P too.

All of the bores, piston crowns, and combustion chambers seem to have an even coat of oil, the car was not giving blue smoke when I took it home; is this normal for this engine? I wondered if it could just be from when i loosened the head?

I am expecting the head back by the weekend - keep your fingers crossed for me! (my suspension is due in next 10 days too!)

What's the mileage? The head looks in good shape physically, minimal deposits and the wetness could be spilt coolant. Nothing too drastic. The sheared bolts can be removed with an easy out, which I'm sure they'll try first before getting the hammers and chisels out :lol:

What is the wear lip like on the bores? Can you still see honing on the thrust side? Have you access to dial guages to measure the wear?

Kev

Mileage is 81k, darren said he thought the charger was in excellent nick when he reconditioned it and I know that the charger is the origonal one because all if the allen bolts still had the white paint in them when I took it off.

What is the wear lip like on the bores? Can you still see honing on the thrust side? Have you access to dial guages to measure the wear?

What do you mean?