Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

Personalised Number Plate Opinions

Today i got given a £1,000 cheque together with £500 of premium bonds as a present 'from' my late Grandpa. with that i would like to buy a couple of things that as momentos.

I have always thought about a personalised registration so am thinking of using some of the money for one, but cant really decided!! dont want to spend silly money, and would like to keep the 'J' plate, but not essential!

My favorites so far are:

J700 DUB

J900 DUB

J60 AVW (not quite G60 but close!!)

J90 BRB (quite poignant as Grandpas initals are/were BRB and he was 90 when he died)

C3 RDO (possibly slightly out of price range though)

J666 GGO (-edit-)

Any thoughts or other suggestions???

Cheers

Andy

A plate is on my list too, allbeit very low down. You can get a plate to read Jxxx GGO that looks like G60 and is a fair bit cheaper :wink:

Im quite a fan of the DUB plates as well as the G60 one.

Id do loads of shopping around, youll on when you find the one you are happy with.

dont get one car related. even though you think you'll never sel your rado, you msy do, and they are gettig rarer. get one thats personal to you, one that could be sold on should you desire to.

Also worth noting that you cant make your car appear new than it is with a private plate. so anything newer than a j prefix for your motor wouldnt be allowed on the car.

dont get one car related. even though you think you'll never sel your rado, you msy do, and they are gettig rarer. get one thats personal to you, one that could be sold on should you desire to.

Also worth noting that you cant make your car appear new than it is with a private plate. so anything newer than a j prefix for your motor wouldnt be allowed on the car.

thats where i get a bit stuck, all the plates with my initals on the DVLA website are all post J plate, and other places they are going for silly money (initals are AJB)

Not overly sure about car specific, as like you say if it gets sold then the reg makes no sense!! think i would go with a DUB type plate rather than a G60 plate if i did go that way.

Its not something im going to rush into getting, so thought id ask for your guys opinions and suggestions! so if anyone does come accross something that looks decent then let me know!

think a plate is a good idea but like some of the others i would get one that is personel to you, i have brought one that says my daughters name and she can have it when she drives (16 years yet) but you can carry it with you and it means more.

What about the ***VVV,versions they look like VW when ran together.Always good if you change to some other form of Dub too!!!!! 8)

We have COL1N in town.

Just seen N11CCO.

Personally, I would not have one - I think they are pretentious crap. But I am an old git and agree 99% with what "Grumpy Old Men" say! :ignore:

We have COL1N in town.

Just seen N11CCO.

Personally, I would not have one - I think they are pretentious crap. But I am an old git and agree 99% with what "Grumpy Old Men" say! :ignore:

COL1N used to be around us down here in Leicestershire, my boss has got ROS1E though :)

Any thoughts or other suggestions???

Cheers

Andy

How about one name related to yourself, rather than the car?

If so I have L30 AND, which was bought off....you guess it, an Andy ;)

By all accounts Colin is a decent guy and good business man.

I could make an exception to displaying the ROS1E plate if it comes with a mature, cheery, bosomy English barmaid type of gal.