Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Mysterious G60 power claims

Picked up a copy of Golf+ over Christmas and there is a Golf with a G60 engine in there with what are described as reasonably mild mods (68mm pulley, chipped, Jabba stage 4 charger, flowed head, 4 branch manifold). They're claiming approx 240bhp for this :shock: The car is on p98 of the Jan 07 issue..

Now the question is, are we G60 owners all missing a trick here, or is this figure a fantasy one?? I thought these power figures were only capable as a result of capacity increases, or BBM chargers. Any thoughts......

Think that's the one that belongs to MadMk1 or something off here, who went to the recent RR day.

Although it has large figures from little mods, I expect it weighs under 1000 or something.

Whereas Corrado's will be a fair bit heavier!

Think that's the one that belongs to MadMk1 or something off here, who went to the recent RR day.

Although it has large figures from little mods, I expect it weighs under 1000 or something.

Whereas Corrado's will be a fair bit heavier!

But the weight wont have anything to do with the power will it :?

If it was a grey MK1 then it did put out some huge figure, which i cant remember, it also put out some huge flames!

Its also nowhere near std and is pushing far more than 240. I havn't seen the mag so cant comment on the exact car

The guy with the Mk2 G60 in the Jan Golf + issue hasnt actually had it on the rollers... it whats they think the mods will achieve... think they are being a little optimistic tbh more like 220 ish..

If it was a grey MK1 then it did put out some huge figure, which i cant remember, it also put out some huge flames!

Stealth built 2.0 G60 that one....plus other stuff.

Was running EXTREMELY rich on the day but has put down some serious power in the past when running right.

Stealth built 2.0 G60 that one....plus other stuff.

Was running EXTREMELY rich on the day but has put down some serious power in the past when running right.

Yes, Its good for 280 when its running well. Daz at dubshack owns it now and is looking to take it to the next leval now.

Okay, so is the one in the Golf+ magazone actually a 2l G60 engine rather than a 1.8? That would explain 240bhp.....