Sign in to follow this  
InvaderTrax

Test drove a G60 today

I work at a dealership, and today someone traded in a '90 G60 with only 21k on the clock. The interior was perfect (no swipe marks on the seat, all leather was in great shape). Exterior was good. The auto wing still worked :lol:. I took it out for a drive, and it was pretty nice, but I noticed when I shifted from 1st to 2nd, there was a loud clunk. Also, first gear didn't feel right. It seemed like I was going much slower than I should have been (3k was like 5mph). All the other gears were fine (although it was quite a massive throw :lol:). Is this a common thing with these cars?

If anyone is interested, we're asking $3100 for it. Located at Toyota of Knoxville, Knoxville, TN. It's going to auction next week, so get it while it's there. I would, but I don't have the money

Slimg60, yeh, probably a mount.

That is amazingly cheap for the mileage! That works out at under £2K!

I would love to, but I don't make very much as it is, and what I make I'm trying to save for college next year. On the upside, I told a few of my friends about it, so hopefully one of them will pick it up

Surely a mount would clunk in all gears? And that wouldn't explain the lack of performance......

How's the clutch? Its the thing you have to press when you move the stick shift thingy ;)

I would love to see a picture of that beauty! :)

I´m pretty sure that the clunk sound is the front engine mount deffective.