Sign in to follow this  
DiTch

PETROL LEAKING !!.... "THE HORROR, ... THE HORROR"

Found to my horror! that what i assumed to be a nighbours tom cat spraying my car with p%&s every night for the last couple of weeks . was in fact petrol leaking from someplace between the fuel pump and fuel accumulator,{{ located near the front of the rear wheel,}}.... on inspection i found the usual story of corroded pipes and nuts/bolts {cars booked in tomorrow for repair, } i advise that all forum members give this section of the fuel system the once over. cheers

Mine stunk of petrol recently, whilst cleaning the sills found it was fuel leaking from the bolt on the end of the fuel filter. Sounds like your problem... New filter cured mine. (And made the running surprisingly smoother, and a bit more performance)

no it was deffo the pipe from the fuel pump to the fuel accumulator as i saw the leak myself, anyhow had a new pipe installed today and the leaks gone , so i can smoke in it again .... { on a side note i had to use the company mondeo for the last day and a half, and i must say i was impressed with the cup holder,

Yer had to give my fuel pump an overhaul a few months back new

> accumulater + the two pipes + filter + pump seals, I must admit I wasn't expecting to pay £60 for the two pipes... Ouch :shock: ( of coarse at the time when I got them my reply was HOW MUCH !!!!)

But since then no smell and seems to run better. :thumbleft:

So I agree with DiTcH Defintley check the pump out.

mike at the vw breakers { place in notts that i took my corrado to be fixed} first tryed the pipes off a derelict corrado in the lot. but they leaked in the same place, so ordered and installed new pipe from vw, and i agree my car also seems to run better too