Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

front ball joints

or guide joint as vag call them , i'm off work soon so i might renew them (not happy with the passenger side, feels a bit notchy , if i push the wheel front to back i can feel the knuckle move) but where is the best to buy vag, gsf, ecp ? anyone had experience of any (gsf seem to be getting a bad rep on here lately)

i think they work out about £32 +plus vat for a pair from vag

cheers

paul :wink:

ps. anyone know what size ball joint splitter i need, supercharged ?

thx

or guide joint as vag call them , i'm off work soon so i might renew them (not happy with the passenger side, feels a bit notchy , if i push the wheel front to back i can feel the knuckle move) but where is the best to buy vag, gsf, ecp ? anyone had experience of any (gsf seem to be getting a bad rep on here lately)

i think they work out about £32 for a pair from vag

cheers

paul :wink:

ps. anyone know what size ball joint splitter i need, supercharged ?

thx

i got some from GSF, they were wrong. Took them back, whole stock was wrong, so i didn't get replacements. Let us know how much VAG charge as i'll order some too.

hi lee , just spoke to vag and they are £19.04 inc vat each

all i hear is complaints about gsf,i've had a few things off them and i must have been lucky , i've checked gsf and ecp and there is only a few pounds price difference so i'll probably go with vag

Yeah deffo VAG - did they sell you new bolts too? - you need 4 per side plus one nut IIRC

I've got a fork type splitted from halfords but I think it's a bit small for BJ's - the one's VAG use are type with a thread and nut.

Yeah, just be sure to get some German quality stuff.

Afterall that´s what makes our Corrado´s different from the others! :)

hi lee , just spoke to vag and they are £19.04 inc vat each

all i hear is complaints about gsf,i've had a few things off them and i must have been lucky , i've checked gsf and ecp and there is only a few pounds price difference so i'll probably go with vag

seems that way. Bought some CV boots from GSF for the S3, they both split during fitting. Going to the dealers more and more these days for parts.