Sign in to follow this  
stevie_f_2004

Light Switch---Is there an alternative?????

Light switch gone again. :( ...bought the kit off the bloke from here to do the temporary repair but broke again....does anyone know of an alternative light switch from another car that will fit and that is better constructed than the crappy C switch????? Loathed to buy another fro VW as through time I know this will just break as well :x

are you talking about the switch unit that also does the sunroof? if so then we have some flush ones for sale

Late mk2 Golf headlight switch's are a direct fit & does the same job if that helps..

right, and those are much cheaper than the corrado switch

Presumably if you fit a new head light loom, the current through the switch is drastically reduced, thus reducing the heat bulild-up and as a result the switch lasts longer?

Chris

I really must get ETKA or ETOS installed again.

And the Mk2 ones aren't hugely different (if at all?) in appearance to the early Corrado ones. The late-style dash looks different, but I guess you can still bodge the switch to fit.

And the Mk2 ones aren't hugely different (if at all?) in appearance to the early Corrado ones. The late-style dash looks different, but I guess you can still bodge the switch to fit.

I don't think the mk2 switch has illumination of the light symbol on the switch, there's one pin less on the connector block.

I don't think the mk2 switch has illumination of the light symbol on the switch, there's one pin less on the connector block.

I've bought a warning buzzer to fit between the light switch and the door contact to guard against leaving the light's on :oops: