Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Michelin Pilot Sport tyre question

Hi

As there are several versions of the Michelin Pilot Sport tyre, here is a link to the one I am referring to:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... ilot+Sport

However is this tyre available in 205/50/15 size? And has anyone used this particular tyre? Do you get loads of wheel spin in the wet or is it very good going round corners in the damp? And how is it in the dry?

I have done a search but can't find much info about it.

Thanks for any help.

Well they come on a lot of good cars standard but on Tyretest.com they only get a rating of 2.6 which is good but compared to Toyo T1-R's (which i have and thoroughly recommend :wink:) 1.6 they are certainly not the best tyres you can get. If its grip in the wet you want though the Toyo's are good (exactly the same performance as Goodyear Eagle F1's which have been the king wet tyre for ages) the best tyres seem to be Uniroyal Rainsports which are fantastic in the rain hence the name but i believe they tend to wear quickly, but thats the case with all good performance tyres really as they use softer rubber.

HTH :)

Rob.

I personally wouldn't use tyretest.com as more than a rough guide, the last time I looked on there the t1-r was rated overall best tyre so I bought some, not a bad tyre but certainly not as far infront of others I've tried as it's score would suggest. Next time I'm going with Kev's recommendation, he seems to have tested all the major ones that come in standard sizes so should know better than most.

matth76, Michelin don't make the Pilot Sport in standard VR sizes.