Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Sunroof (swapped it for passat one, now dont work)

I brought what i beleieved was a Corrado mechanism with passat clear sunroof glass in, the one i brought had a BLACK pull shade thingy and there motors were different, mine looked like this...

sunmotor.jpg

and the other one didn't, it was smaller with a 3 pin plug on it??

So what i did was removed the glass from the mechanisim i brought and put it on my orignal mechanism, and put the pull shade thing on it too, but the rain gutter that should slide forwards and backwards wouldn't sit on my mechanisim proppery and kept moving about when the glass moved it backwards and forwards.

And then finally whilest i was using the switch to slide it forward and backward it clicked loudly and now the sunroof does move propperly, its like one side moves a tad before the other side making it scew-if.

What can i do about the sides of the glass moving at different times and also the rain gutter that just wont sit propperly?

Please help!

No one got any help on this?

and eys i have done a search and found the thing to replace the cables but im unsure if it is the cables or even if i have put it in right!