Sign in to follow this  
markievw

Am considering doing my own work on the car!

I am considering starting to do my own work on my mk2 Golf gti. May then move onto the corrado! I have done an oil and filter change, air filter.

I think the front brake pads are starting to bind, they are a bit low. So need changing really. They start to squeak/squeal when they get hot which stops when you apply the brakes

I have been looking at the Haynes manual as a start, and it seems that you only need basic tools

Seems okay, just need to get some copper grease and a set of brake pads.

Have to admit to being very wary about working on the brakes as if you make a mistake you could bascially end up killing yourself!

Is there anybody in the wrexham area who I could turn to for help if i get into difficulties?

Bit cheeky I know but am p****d off at paying garage charges. Hell they charge 7-8 times more than i earn per hour!

markievw, gixxeruk and coolrado are around there and i`m sure they`re both pretty handy with a hammer

PM them for a few pointers

Good move markievw, why pay someone £60/hr for 2 hours, when it'll only takes 1/2 hour. Im considering g60 ing my brakes, myself, but little hesitant at the moment.

mate working on car piss easy, i did my misses lupo tdi brakes (discs and pads) 45 mins this weekend and that was taking my time.

If u was close to north london I would have gone thru it all wih you as all it is a confident thing.

Aslong as you make sure everything nice and tight you never going to have a problem :D

p.s. ive got so bored doing work Ive been doing custom/conversion work lately lol