Sign in to follow this  
Jonny_L

Cleaning my headlining

First time I've actually looked in this neck of the forum, makes me want to polish the car all day tomorrow :lol:

Anyway, I was doing some work on my engine, finished up and had some time left, so thought i'd have a look at my non working sunroof. Only thing is, muggins here forgot to wash up, and I got black oily fingerprints all over my grey headlining :oops:

It seems to be a bit of a pain to clean, I've tried everything from rubbing it with a damp cloth to shouting at it, and nothing's working. I've not tried car shampoo yet, I'm worried that the oil will just smudge, making it worse, so i'm a bit reluctant to try.

Anyone got any ideas?

The interior shampoo's are pretty good,even at breaking down oil stains.

Just remember to test any (including non car specific) products on a small inconspicuous area first.

Neil. :)

Thanks guys, I'll have a play about when the weather's a bit nicer, I've got some autoglym shampoo so I'll give that a go first.

Good thing is that it's only in a couple of small spots so I shouldn't need to worry about the glue too much. Saying that, I bet if I clean bits of it it'll make the rest of it look cack with 12 years of dirt on.

The worst part is the sunroof still isn't working! not only has one of the little arms snapped, but the motors not turning either! Not that i've had much of a chance to check it all out yet.