Sign in to follow this  
Dub_nut_g60

New clutch!

Am planning on changing my clutch as it seems to of been getting worse recently and feels similar to how my MK2 felt with cluctch slip before it let go!!

Obviously will be going for the VR6 cluctch, is it worth considering GSF? looking at the website they list 2, one is a 288mm and the other is 288mm LUK, i assume the LUK one is the one to use? if not which!

And do i also need to get the release bearing?

OR should i just go VAG from the off? is no part numbers and price please!!

and as per normal with my recent parts posts - trying to avoid a silly garage bill, so i would like to do this myself, but not sure what im doing, would be very helpful if someone would offer their services!!! or could it be done in the car park during the south coast meet?? :lol:

I got my clutch from Euro car parts recently for nearly a ton. I felt it should have been cheaper but i couldn't be bothered to drive somewhere else and search for it again. It was a Sachs at least and came with the release bearing.

LUK are decent enough i think. GSF list it for about £80 if you can get 10% off. I don't know what the other, more expensive one is. If it was Sachs you'd think they'd mention it.

You may as well do the release bearing while you're at it if it's not too much.

I suspect that VW would be a lot more than the £100 i paid, i'd be suprised it it's any less than £150 for the parts only.

I should think that doing it in the car park would be a bit much, it's a fairly major job. I did mine while the engine was out, it took about 15 minutes but it would be a lot, lot longer on the car and you need jacks and a clutch alignment tool would be handy.

Got a price from VW today on a clutch £150 as an exchange part, £20 back on return of your old one...good to the environment and all that pants!

Got a price from VW today on a clutch £150 as an exchange part, £20 back on return of your old one...good to the environment and all that pants!

Just a quickie to anyone reading this, VW will not do this if you're upgrading a G60 to a VR one (a common G60 swap) as they're not like-for-like. I'll go back in my box now :geek:

Just a quickie to anyone reading this, VW will not do this if you're upgrading a G60 to a VR one (a common G60 swap) as they're not like-for-like. I'll go back in my box now :geek:

I did. My deler or rather the guy from the bays said ahh label it as a VR. The VAG kit esp the VR felt awesome. My new 60 has a pettern clutch fitted about a year back so no point in me swappin it. You can def tell the dif.