Sign in to follow this  
staffs_til_i_die

Rumbles and grumbles from the beast...

Easy. Hopefully someone can help...

I've just bought a 95 2.0 16v Rado, and am loving it. My Mrs on the other hand isn't. We have one 2 year old, and another one on the way now, and she regards it as impractical and in many ways totally unsuitable to our current needs. She just doesn't understand! Unfortunately, it has broken down twice in the last fortnight, which isn't helping my case for keeping it. I've sorted these things out (a new distributor cap and throttle cable).

Today though I have had more problems. Turing into two junctions at 20 mph, the steering has gone totally heavy, and I have been unable to turn the wheel to anywhere near full lock. When I go over bumps, it also seems to pull to one side crazily. Also, when I accelerate quickly to overtake things, it pulls to one side. Is this tracking, ball joints, power steering fluid issues, etc etc??? This is only my second car, and I'm still learning. Any sharing of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking, maybe I should just take it into a garage and let them give it a full service. Can you recommend any good ones near Stoke-on-Trent?

Welcome to Corrado ownership!!!

Sounds like you have sorted a couple of the common probs, what mileage has your rado done????

Would get the tracking and camber checked though, although I would advise against giving it to a garage, IMHO apart from a simple service they alway seems to mess up your motor!

the heavy steering sounds like the power steering belt maybe a bit slack mine does the same more so in the rain really noticable by the way

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Cheers fellas! Will get these things looked at (am waiting for a book to show me where these things are!) The mileage on it 106,000, so I did expect a few problems when I bought it. Incidentally, today I've noticed a grinding sort of noise when I turn with the wheel at full lock. Don't know if this is anything that needs looking at?

Thanks for sharing the wisdom...