Sign in to follow this  
9olo

do late VR's come fitted with total closure as standard??

i need to get a new alarm fitted, as the one on the car doesn't work.

i've been told that my C should have total closure, but if i leave the windows open and lock the car door [central locking works fine] the windows don't close? is there another way to check if the car has total closure?

also anyone have a wiring diagram for the C?

What do you mean by early Boj?

Unless you're talking about the very early i.e slider style heater control early, which I can't vouch for, they should all be total closure including sunroof.

yeah you just turn the key into the lock position and hold it there till all the windows and sunroof are shut!

checked it with the sunroof open, windows don't go up but the sunroof closes, when you lock the door.

any ideas why the windows don't close with the key? also are the windows ment to close with one touch off the button or hold it down?? they open with one touch.

Are all C's one window at a time, passenger side first? Mine has full closure, but its got a cobra alarm fitted, which I always presumed was an aftermarket kit someone had fitted, or did they leave the factory with Cobra alarms fitted?

Dunno if all of them did it i think the later corrados did one window at a time! passenger side first etc.! Cant understand why the windows dont close when the sunroof is open! maybe its been wired up like that!

Been reading this thread, and tryed it on my '94 VR yesterday and it doesn't do anything. I was expecting something similar to the mk4 golfs but am I expecting too much?

Not sure if my alarm is the original or not. Its a cobra but I've also got Scorpion stickers on my windows

You have to hold the key over for ages for everything to close on the key, BTW.

My J plate valver has total close on the windows (sunroof's jiggered ATM, will be getting a moonroof instead) again does the Pssenger first then the driver but I have to keep the key on until they both close. Not tried with my Alarm yet... Another thing to play with tonight....

They're all wired up to close the P/S window and sunroof before the D/S window, and you can't opperate both windows at the same time

The early Corrados (16V + G60) have total closure fitted as standard but it won't operate the sunroof ( not really TOTAL closure I spose! :?)

The late Corrados (16V,8V + VR6) have total closure fitted as standard and it'll operate the sunroof too.

If you have a 'J' reg then I suppose it'll depend on whether you have the late interior or early interior ?

If you have a late Corrado that doesn't have Total Closure then I suppose it might be down to your alarm not having that facility?

If you have a late Corrado that doesn't have Total Closure then I suppose it might be down to your alarm not having that facility?

Although it could be a simple case of getting the alarm settings tweaked to hold the 'key turned' signal for long enough for the closure to work. I was talking to an alarm engineer who told me that's all my Sigma SG30 does in order to give full closure.