Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK

Ok,

So im sat in traffic and there seems to be a ticking noise coming from either behind the dash or engine bay. Its a fast tick and it sounds like its coming from the spoiler switch area of the dash. Once ive set off it disappears and stays gone until im idling again. Again once the accelerator is pressed whether im revving engine or setting off, it goes.

I say it could also be from under the bonnet because i stuck my head out of the window and it sounded as if it was coming from the drivers front wing or at least that side of the engine bay.

Any ideas? Theres nothing gone wrong with the car to be able to say the ticking is due to "X".

All i know is its driving me mad.

Fast tick will probably be one of your relays not switching and sticking until you provide it with bit more juice when accelerating....

hmmm yeah never thought of the relays. It doesnt seem to do it ALL the time. Sometimes (like at the moment) its not there. Have to have a listen and get it replaced. Cheers nocrap!