Sign in to follow this  
9olo

engine starts and then stalls immediately.

right a small issue has arose with the C.

up until last week the C would start first time everytime, then last week after changing all the audio over the problem started, i finished changing everything over, started the car and it stalled, thought it was strange but didn't think much of it. the car was then running for about 5 minutes, when the horn came on! i turned the engine off and the horn stopped, turned the ignition on and the horn came on again, did this a few times and then i pulled the fuse out. now when i start the C it stalls immediately, at first it would start and run on the second attempt, but it seems to be getting worse takes 3 or 4 attempt to get the C running, once the engine is running the car doesn't stall. and also if the car's warmed up it does the same thing unless you start the engine as soon as you turn it off.

the C has an alarm, but it doesn't work, and i think the removal of the old and installation of the new audio has maybe distrubed the alarm wiring in

some way or another?? or is it just a coincidence?? any ideas??

i'm gonna pull out the old alarm today.

sounds like its the coolant temp sensor,under £40 for the sensor(and new o-ring) and 30mins tops for a $tealer to fit............tho dunno the connection with the horn,best get someone to VAG-COM it to make sure

As you haven't told us, I'm guessing it's a VR6?

And as you have a 95 N plate, it might be the factory immobiliser has been accidentally damaged during your mass wiring excercise.

Plug it into VAG-COM and look for - "Engine blocked by immobiliser" Then go into the Security tab and it'll tell you if the key is the cause or a wiring fault.

Try and retrace your steps to figure out which circuits you have obviously disturbed....

Good call as that's the one right in the bottom right corner, which always gets knocked askew when putting the fuseboard cover/shelf back on.

yep it's a VR6.

alot of the alarms loom is under the dash on the passenger side. which is also where the old and new audio wiring is. the car has ISO blocks and all i added was a new cd changer lead which runs to the boot, as RCA's and power cables have all been reused from the previous install.

i'm not sure what make the alarm is? is says CONLOG on the alarm remote [dealer fit?] , also there is a slot for the alarm remote to plug into built into the tray underneath the glovebox which i had to unplug to remove the lower dash section to change the audio over then reconnect after, it has a removable plug.

the prevoius owner said the alarm just stopped working one day, about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

with the factory immobiliser wouldn't it cut out after 5 seconds?? or is that only on the newer dubs? and not immediately, also the way it stalls, the revs drop slowly and it dies, not a clean cut if you know what i mean. if you try and rev it, it still stalls?

what circut does the factory immobilser disable??

the fault with the horn is proberly the contacts behind the steering wheel had this fault on my lats corrado

As you haven't told us, I'm guessing it's a VR6?

And as you have a 95 N plate, it might be the factory immobiliser has been accidentally damaged during your mass wiring excercise.

Plug it into VAG-COM and look for - "Engine blocked by immobiliser" Then go into the Security tab and it'll tell you if the key is the cause or a wiring fault.

Try and retrace your steps to figure out which circuits you have obviously disturbed....

Pluged it into a gendan code reader and it comes up with 463A = 17978/P1570 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer.

also

0231 = 00561 - Mixture Adaption.