Sign in to follow this  
cvw

what the hell does offset mean?

baffled me for a while . have a valver . how and why would this affect what wheels i buy.

i love you all

:lol: indeed i did.

I forgot to mention why the offset is important, if the wheels sit too far in they may foul on the suspension, brakelines or the car body. If they sit too far out they will foul on the arches.

wicked , so whats the max offset for the c , are all models the same ?

Nope, you can get away with different offsets on different models really. The VR6 has a wider track than the other models so if you have a low offset you are more likely to foul the arch.

For example i have 9x16 rims all round with et30 on the front and et15 on the rear. The fronts are under the arch and dont foul suspension or anything, the rears however stick out past the arches and catch the arch. Where as guys with the same size wheels on a 16v or G60 etc can run et15 and the wheels are still under the arch on both frnot and back but im not sure whether they have any problems fouling suspension etc.

Hope this helps,

Rob.

For example i have 9x16 rims all round with et30 on the front and et15 on the rear.

Rob.

Hi

So what does et30 and et15 refer to ?

et30 and et15 are the offsets of the wheels, the lower the et number the further out the wheels stick!!

nice one chaps so what about A8 wheels 7.5x16 with an offset of 45 do i presume i would need spacers to bring the offset lower.

im thinking of buying some wheels what i would like to know is will they fit on my slc heres what has been posted...

about the offset.. the rears do have a lower offset then the fronts. the fronts are et 68 and the rears.. ehh i dunno. but you can figure it out by this.

original specs front: 7" inner barrel, 1/2" for the center and 1/2" for the lip.

and the rears were the same untill i added 5.5" inner barrels, 1/2" for the centers and 2" for the outer lips.

the wheels are 16x8's

thanks for your help in advance and sorry if im thread jacking just figured it was right on topic ;)