Sign in to follow this  
hustler

MOON ROOF THANX

cheers to all who helped n advised as to which passat/jetta sunroof to use for the corrado glass sun/moonroof convertion.

The 94 to 97 vw passat roof would appear to be the correct one as it fits like a glove. ive jet washed it twice it hasnt leaked the roof went straight in no buggering about to get it straight to line up etc just a damn good straight forward fit so cudo's to mr g60 and mike edwards.

the roof line is slightly different to the corrado but is negligable you do not notice unless your really looking.

im real happy with it. as my car is black i added a layer of dark smoke tinting film to give it a black appearence from the outside this also worked a treat suits the car to a T

piccys below

6-2-1.jpg

6-2-2.jpg

6-2-3.jpg

6-1-1.jpg

6-1-2.jpg

hey am i mr g60?? whoot! :lol:

tight install. looks great on dark cars :)

i'd consider it but my car is silver.. too much contrast IMO.

Nice one Hustler 8)

I toyed with the idea last year when my sunroof broke. I could've got a green tinted roof from a '94 Passat. But my roof still only slides & the Passat is gone now :(

Would you do it again?

roof tilts and slides i took the whole lot from the local braker. the glass roof section and the whole sliding mech as mine was knacked hense the new roof the corrado motor fits so you only need the mechanics. if you intend to do it set aside a good few hours as the whole roof trim has to come out n has to be done painstakingly carefully so not to damage anything but the end result is well worth it espec if you have a dark car n yes id do it again its not too difficult just a little awkward removing the trip a helping hand would also be good to lift roof down n hold in position whilst bolting but it all worked first time no realighnment no bother at all

HMMMMMMMM! I think i recognise that car! :shock:

those pics arnt a right lot to go on........

brings a fair amount of extra light but like i say i aolso tinted it dark smoke so it would still look black from the outside

My sunroof has scrap marks from when it was jammed at some point in its life, it now works fine, thought about getting it painted, but looking at the glass one you've fitted matey really gets me thinking... 8)