Sign in to follow this  
mattcorrado

engine problem

Hello , i have just brought a vw corrado 1991 16v shes lovely. But the revs seem to stay at 3000 rpm , i have changed the air filter which helped a bit but is still hanging the revs at 3000 rpm.

Also there is a loose part in my engine bay can anyone tell me what it is , i can send pictures to you via e-mail (mailto:[email protected]).

It's a black wire with a bolt at the end with a spade termial attached to it which attaches to the black wire.

As i say i can send pictures but this id bugging me i spent 4 hours seeing if i could see were it came from .

hope someone can help

thanks

Matt

Hi these are the pictures of the part . I've had a look in the haynes manual and other book's but still can't find were it goes and what it is . a a a a a gggg h h h!!

I have a feeling it may be an oil temp sensor or something like that.

Cheers

Matt

Is this not held down by one of the rocker cover bolts???

Will need to check on mine, pretty sure it goes on the corner of the rocker cover nearest to the alternator. Feck knows what it does though LOL :lol:

Hey mat i have the same problem with my corrado revs staying at 3000 even when the clutch is down when changing gear i have changed the idle control valve checked all the vacum pipes for leaks cleaned the throttle body but still the same problem i am just to change oil temp sensor number2 to see if that works if you have any joy let me know cheers Luke

1 pin black sender should be the temp gauge sender, but that's the wrong side of the engine. Certainly a sensor of some sort, probably wont be oil pressure as you car would be shouting at you.....

It's the fan overrun switch :wink: As blue95 said it bolts onto the front left hand side (as you facing the engine) of the rocker cover, nearest the alternator.