Sign in to follow this  
g60bv

seat leon 323 discs

nah. no preferance. only want to upgrade from the 305 discs as i'm running 5 studs. got some 312's in the garage. but thought might as well go bigger if i can.

Try contacting Bill at Badger5, that's where I get the pads for my 323mm Brembos from. He can probably get you the discs and (I believe) he does the carriers for 323mm conversion as well.

HTH

John

Trust me, Badger5 will do you just about the best price in the UK for these parts. As a long term Brembo user I know this for a fact.

The last time I enquired (last summer), GSF didn't stock either discs or pads in the 323mm size. That is because they are SEAT parts. Don't forget that you also need replacement carriers (and possibly longer hoses) to go up from 305 to 323.

If it worth the upgrade? Well that really depends on how much you value braking as part of your driving experience equation. For road use, 305's with the 4-pots are an excellent upgrade from the (VR6) 280 setup

But if you already have 305's, and considering the money involved, I'm not sure you'll really justify the cost of upgrading again unless you want to do track work. The 323's are a fair bit better than the 305's - it's just not really worth the cost all over again.

p.s. it's probably a moot point but the Seat Leon 323 discs are 5 stud only...

p.p.s. cost? you're probably looking at a bag of sand

I upgraded my AP Racing discs from 304mm to 330mm and it's definitely worth it. Better initial bite and even more fade resistance, and they fill the wheels better and only 900g heavier than the 304s.

As big as the wheels will allow.

Find yourself a big 4 x 100 disc with the right offset (RS focus springs to mind) and get some carriers made up to move the calipers further out. Even running the standard calipers will give you a good improvement, but increasing the pad size will be even more beneficial and you'll need some bigger calipers......the 288 ones from VR6s are good. They have huge pads.

whats the biggest size brake set up you can go upto with 4 stud without spending loads of money. just running standard 16v brakes on my.

the best upgrade fot the 16v would be either the g60 set up., cheap.

or the seat ibitza cupra r 305 set up. under 500

i already have a 5 stud conversion and the 4 pot calipers from the 305 range will fit the 323 range. so i'm thinking just discs and space out the calipers to suit. .. unless anyone has other theories

i'll 2nd whats been said above mate, try Bill @ Badger 5, nice bloke & very efficient service i found,i got my 323x28mm discs & brackets from him & their excellent quality, just checked the invoice & they were:-

£125 each (£250 total) plus VAT for the ATE grooved discs &

£ 45 each (£90 total) plus VAT for the brackets

he also does the standard (non grooved discs) for £100 each i think, personally i'd highly recomend the grooved jobbies though as they certainly do the job!