Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Few Pix of me motor

Hiya.... I've not made many posts on this forum, but obtained some helpful info from you chaps. Over the past few months I have had a few PM asking if I wanted to sell my VR6. Unfortunatly the answer is NO. I've also been asked to put a few pix up for people to have a look at. So here goes. All my cars are totally standard apart from the Momo's on the 16 valve. So nothing to get excited about if your into tuning engines.

The VR6 is on a N plate, Black Leather, Air-co, heated seats. I'm the second owner. I bought it with 8K on the clock when it was 2 years old. It has 41K on the clock now. Toatally standard including the origional sony cd player. Full VAG history. In it's life its had a new set of disc on the front, pads all round, a new battery and abs sensor on the front drivers side. And has been garaged from new. Unfortunaly she has only done about 400 miles in the last four years. :cry:

Thanks for looking :)

Awesome! They both look superb! :)

Would love a brace of Rado's but can't imagine the running costs! :D

Thanks for all the comments. To Answer a few questions, I bought the VR6 for not far short of 20K. Bought private from up north. The 16valve was about four years old when i bought her she had 28K on the clock and I paid 9K for it again this was private.

delfinis38, Did you luck out with the reg on the VR6 or was she re-registered? (Noticed it's a "local" plate, I'm ex that-a-way BTW)

Don't think I can rememeber seeing either of these about when I was there, but with only 400 miles in 4 years that would explain things!

You really should stick them into Stonor's Show and Shine, if they're 1/2 as good as they look in the photos you'll walk the "daily driver" class!

No the VR has had various reg plates. When I bought the car it had a personal plate on. So it was changed back to a N plate by the orig owner. I then bought a plate from the DVLA which was also a N but had my initials at the end. which is currently on the car.

Lost a bit of interest with the Rado and VW Scene over the last few years with other hobbies and stuff. But was quite an active member of the CCGB in the late 90's. Not been to stoner for along time. Since the days i was into Bugs. I restored a 1302s into a Cal look. notice your into the Bug and camper stuff too.

Yeah had a couple of "showers" got dragged into it kinda by a guy from Chinnor who ran a bug called Hot Snot... 71 Slammed Peppermint green looker, also did "Baby Bootle" the shortest bug (think it probably still holds that title too)...

And best colour as well :lol:

agreed 8)

It's probably you I pass in Aylesbury from time to time? (seems to be mostly near the Fairford Leys roundabout?

Do you venture into Haddenham (where I live), as I see an Aqua Blue VR creeping around there from time to time?

Vwdeviant. Yup I know both of the cars from my past, and weekends at santa pod. I know of snotty through AirCooled anonomous and Low e nuff veedub club. Long time ago though !

Therapor Yup must of seen you too on my travels. parents live in Hadders by the duck pond. Your motor sounds nice.

CazzaVR Yup I noticed that too. I've put that pix on here before reckon someone nicked it :)

delfinis38, probably seen some of my old motors lurking about then? I was a member of Lo'E' Nuf for a few years... had a hand in Neil's "Playbus" too ;)

They were:

Apple green (bright!) 75 bug

White CC Golf Cabby

Peppermint Green bay (with a stoved in front)

The Notch Burgundy and white on 1/2 detailed Pedrinis

Split Single Cab (moss green over white, Polished Empi 5's)

Trekker (mostly red oxide with a german flag bonnet and BRM's)

Fastback, Peru green (mid green) on black and polished Mahles