Sign in to follow this  
Riley

When the Corrado's gone?

When I sell the raddo (not for a good few years yet!) I can see my self missing it. Its a fantastic car!

Having said that I dont miss my last car MKIV golf GTI, just didnt have that thrill factor about it, steering was to light with little feed back, and just generally plain boring.

Still miss my clio 16 hybrid (williams engine + a few goodies) that was a great motor! quick to, 14.1 1/4 mile.

Tis funny^ thats how i felt about the mk1 gti...loved every single minute of it! But the corrado... :(

Whats it worth guys?

This lancer ive seen is up at £3.9k...

Neil.

shame you never liked your C; I love mine and will be sad the day it goes. Age is not on its side though :( (if only I could afford to keep it as a 2nd car).

Get yourself to the meet in Bolton on Sunday and I'll make you fall in love with the Corrado again ;)

What if i turn up in a 268 brake horse lancer Stan? :lol:

Rob,i love munchies :D

As much as i really like my G reg valver and touch would it has never let me down since i've owned it (6,000 miles), i REALLY miss my L reg Celca GT4 WRC. It was the first Jap car i'd ever owned and i would not hesitate in buying another.

That car really did turn heads with its mad styling. Huge rear wing (standard) phat front end with all the lumps, bumps and vents on the bonnet with 255bhp as standard and 4wd!! 8)

They have all the toys too, and and are way rarer than Corrado's. I owned it for 15mnths and must have put at least 12k on the clock (twas in kms so not sure) and the only thing that i needed to do in that time was replace the radiator (£100 nearly new) and a front wheel bearing (£55 all in).

To me the corrado is just a good looking car, its been nice and reliable and I will be proud to say i have owned both a 16v and a VR6 but theres hundreds of cars I would like to try. The corrado is probably going as soon as I graduate and get a full-time job and although I will think back fondly there are bigger and better out there!

On the wish list are BMW 850CSi and old style Merc SL600!

I need to decide on sommet to replace it with pronto...

Just sorted the badly designed fecking snapped front engine mount bracvket,and fitted a new mount. :mad:

Fire it up...water pissing out,the fecking pipe has snapped off the heater matrix :mad:

I had an L reg Celica GT4 before this and while it was alot quicker then the VR it's day and night when it comes to driving them. The VR just feels so much better but maybe thats just because i've always wanted one!!

Make sure if you get a GT4 you check that the lower arms have been replaced because at £300 a side it can get expensive, plus the Big End Bearings gave out on mine.

At the end of the day a car is only as good as how much you enjoy it, because it could 400 bhp but if you don't enjoy it's all for nothing.

RADO K-- not to mention the figure of 8 joints and the other 2 ball joints that are likely to be fecked! Parts alone are £1200 (£600 a side) then theres fitting. Good for 60k though once their done. Awesome car with wicked reliability.

RILEY-- the 200's look awesome mate. The later spec ones (S14a) anyway with the mean looking front. Mate of mine just flogged one and there huge fun.

when my G60 got rear ended (not heard much about her from the new owner :( hope shes still going!) I went out straight away and got a VR6!

Low mileage, mint condition, for 5 g's. So glad I spent the extra to get a top notch one. Altho I have been considering trading her in for a New TT......but shhh, dont tell her!!

Get a Corolla RWD or Celica

I miss mine so much but at the sam time i love my mk2

but when i see a Corolla ( same number of letters as Corrado, one C, 2 Os, 1 A) my heart skips a beat or even when i see an old 80s Datsun lol RWD is the way 4ward . Hope u get summat u can fall in love with mate, whatever it ends up being. Audi S2? lol