Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

some advice please!!

is it possible for a 1.8 16v KR engine to put out 160 bhp without any mods, just because its happens to be a really good engine??? it seems impossible but have found an engine on fleabay and the guy assures me he had it rolling roaded and got 161 bhp but has done nothing to the engine!!!

im confused!!

yeah i`ve had two readings of over 150bhp-->>

with just a filter and an not sure about it really although it was at stealth and dubforce 1.5yr apart

either way, it has new head gasket, new cambelt and tensioner and has 119k on the clock with history so ive bought it! YAY!

guess its a gamble but im sick and tired of having a car that i cant drive over 5,000 rpm and that constantly belts out a load of smoke!

i certainly will, picking it up from cardiff on friday, having the head ported friday night and fitted saturday morning and should be done by saturday night! quite excited!

jeffcabbage, your right, i really cant, i went for another KR in the end though as the 9a project was just gonna set me back too much, being a student and all! but if this engine is as good as im told then hopefully i will be a happy man for a fraction of the price!

cheers for your help bud! will let you know if all is good when its done!

the KR I put into my MKI gave 155bhp and other than a Webber throttle body and running a seat ibiza dizzy (vacuum advance/retard) to ditch the electronics, it was standard...

Oh, and it would have made more, except the fuel pump was on its way out so it was running (very) lean...

CNC heads have a pretty much standard valver running some silly numbers with just one of their heads and some fuelling mods, so there's plenty you can do to a valver to get the power upp'd a bit... ;)

Henny, that is exactly what i wanted to hear!! thanks!

only a few days to go!!!!!

how much are the CNC heads, could be a good future upgrade??

UPDATE! so got the engine on friday night and left it with the garage to start work on saturday, come saturday a few problems had arisen, all the bolts were rounded off and all the manifold studs had snapped so all had to be drilled out which took a lot longer than expected...then engine all in by today and ready to go and it wont start!!!!!!!!!!!! mechanic spent hours and hours and still no luck :(

thinking maybe immmobiliser problems but gonna be a few more days now! in the mean time got a 50mm inlet manifold sorted and arriving tomorrow which is good but so far im a little disheartened!!!!!!!

apparently it has been in 2 cars, a mk1 track car and a mk2? which one! well im really looking forward to driving it when it decides to f*%king start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

capnahab, oh and how do you know its the same engine, not doubting you, just curious? do you know mark?