Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Charger - how much should I ask for it

Just about to have my spare charger rebuilt and decided to sell the one thats currently on the car.

R1 spec by Jabbasport - fully serviced 25k ago and treated very gently since.

What should I expect to get for it - don't want to be greedy but don't want to give it away either

I'd give you 50p for it ;)

Is the service by Jabba or JMR?

Would guess around the £400 mark for a 25k R1 spec.

It was serviced by JMR - was going to get it rebuilt but car not back from bodyshop as planned today so decided to get my spare rebuilt instead.

they tend to go for between 300 and 500 depending on history and mods...

To be honest, the Jabba bit will probably go against it, although the JMR rebuild will probably relieve those problems... :)

I'm glad I got it serviced by JMR because we discovered that the oil seals had not been replaced by Jabba during their rebuild on it

I'm glad I got it serviced by JMR because we discovered that the oil seals had not been replaced by Jabba during their rebuild on it

Now why am i not suprised they didnt change change the oil seals...thats just a joke really...when you pay for a rebuild you expect to get one not half a job..still we all know not to go to jabba anyway lol

if you read Jabba's rebuild policy, it says that they only change parts that appear to require replacement during a charger service... :|

Of course, how you can visually inspect a sealed bearing is something I've still not worked out... :roll:

my jmr s4 charger went on ebay a while back and got £555 for it, only serviced 300miles ago....the insurance company only gave me £1200 for the whole car!! i'd say you could get £300 for it if you waited until the time is right....

Had several people wanting to buy it but looks like JMR will take it off me as a spare - should cover the cost of the rebild on my spare charger so will work out pretty well for me

Paid 600 Euros (400 GBP) for my spare charger, which was rebuilt and ported and polished by Zoran and Dirk over in Germany, and since that it's ... not been run at all :-)

Tempest

Of course, how you can visually inspect a sealed bearing is something I've still not worked out... :roll:

The Force!!!

TSR were pulling a similar stunt on their ported heads a while back.

'We don't bench flow them before or after because we know what we are doing'

Really.... :? :roll: