Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

Oil Tempratures and Cooling

Recently I've installed a gear box with shortened final drive, since doing so my VR is running at higher revs much more often, as would be expected. As such I have been getting oil tempratures of around 130 Deg C when cruising on the motorway at round 80 - 90 mph and about 110 Deg C when around town and moving up and down the gears, my water temps are staying around 100 Deg C fairly constantly. Does this seem normal, could one of my sensors be faulty?

I've been thinking about going down the Mocal Oil Cooler route to combat this problem, question is how easy are these to fit? Even better does anyone have or know of an idiots guide to doing this?

Water sounds fine, oil temps seem a bit on the high side considering the manual says that you should stop if your oil reached 142*, and to be honest i would have probably stopped way before it reached that. probably worth changing the oil temp sensor just to make sure its reading right.