Sign in to follow this  
h100vw

2E bottom end

Ha sanyone any experience of a 2E(2 litre mk3 ) bottom end being used as a replacement for a PG/1H???

I saw a Rallye in Awesome the other day that was there cos it wouldn't start. The guy who did the conversion had the dissy in 90 degrees out. We moved the leads so the firing order was correct and...... It seemed to run ok.

Clearly the compression ratio will be much higher, that would improve low boost performance.

I wonder how long it'll last and whether you can get away with an off the shelf chip?

Any thoughts?

Gavin

I ran a AGG bottom end in my corrado g60 for about 2 years with no problems at all.I just put 2 head gaskets together to lower the comp ratio.The 2E bottom end is probably a better one to use as it has piston oil cooling jets,where as the AGG did not.

I`m not sure how long it would have lasted for but after 20000 miles it still ran fine.

Bottom end performance was much better and to top it off the fuel economy went up.

Jason

Jason, did you do any maths on the compression ratio? When you say fuel consumption went up do you mean it did more to the gallon?

Did you sell the car or put a std bottom end back in?

What about the ECU, did you do anything to it?

Was the charger std or pullied?

I know it sounds nosey but this is interesting given that most folks G60s have done 100K + and there are tons of 2 litre motors in the scrappies. Many with low miles on them.

Cheers

Gavin

I worked out the compression ratio to be about 9.5-1, which seems high but i was interested to see how well it would run with such a high comp ratio.

The charger was running a 70mm pulley with a uprated chip and on a motorway run at about 65-70 mph i used to get around 40-45 to the gallon.

I think it makes a good cheap alternative to other methods of getting a 2L engine but I would recommend uprating the rod bolts to ARP or RACEWARE ones just in case.

Jason

40MPG, luxury. Might have to try that one day. Average about 27 going to work. Always set off with good intentions of trickling in, someone usually needs 'showing the way' and best laid plans go out the exhaust!! :lol:

Gavin