Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

VR blue temp sensor

I'm miles from any VW garages, so getting parts is a PITA! Got a Ford garage up the road though- anyone know if the blue temp sensor in the stat housing is the same as on a Ford VR engine?

Gonna get all my stat seals/housing/bolts from Ford too, as they are all quite a bit cheaper!

Well, just ordered the sensor, all the seals, bolts and bottom two parts of the housing (won the top part on Ebay for £11 ;)), and all I can say is: GET YOUR VR6 ENGINE PARTS FROM FORD!

Sooooo much cheaper, and they get them in quicker too (next day). Everything is basically 1/3 cheaper, so still cheaper than VW even after discount!

just got some prices from ford. That blue sensor is £20.75 (vw is £14.13) but a sump pan works out about a quid cheaper from Ford £63 as opposed to £64)

Gav

That's the wrong sensor, Gav. Think that's the price for the yellow one (blue on Fords). My local Ford garage got them mixed up too cos of the colour.

Mine was £8.01 + VAT, part no. 1669965

I'll hold you to that :)

No joy- he couldn't give me the paint code and it was too far to travel :(