Sign in to follow this  
dubbprince

I CAN'T BELIEVE I CAN'T DRIVE MY CORRADO!

:cry:

this is just the worst i swear. I rang up to get a few qoutes, well ready to book insurance on my corrado, which has been sat dorment for over 4 weeks!

Its driving me crazy...i rang HIC about a month ago and the guy on the phone qouted me £850 tpft! at the age of 21. Then i rang them up today...still 20 but my birthday is on the 10th of november! only a week away and the car is:

1. garaged!

2. CAT 1 TOAD Ai606!

3. 1 yrs no claims with liscence held for 2 years, no claims, no disabilities etc...

they give me a stupid qoute of £1670!!! TPFT!

next i rang Adrian Flux...they said £1100 tpft at 20yrs old and £1089 at 21yrs old!

best i've had so far is CLub GTI insurers (Brentacre)-

£1011 at 20yrs old and £968 at 21yrs old...

Someone please give me some positive advice! cos these qoutes are soo worse than they were a month ago when i phoned. As in drastic increases!

I'm gagging to drive my corrado and with TPFT being well over £1100!! no way!

Please help.

Sanjay. :(

The £968 at 21 sounds resonable to me, if it cheers you up ive never paid under a grand for insurance. :mad:

Every time its about to drop under the grand I seem to upgrade the car. :twisted:

Thats steep mate, you should have stuck SOME ££ down to secure it, then again insurance goes up & down like a joke!!!

they seem to give you the best price at the time, I tend to get a ref no etc so that when I say yes they can't fack about with prices, trust me my mrs had hassle insuring the MK4 polo & she's 25!!! :mad:

You'll have to get used to it Sanjay.. the price you pay for driving a group 15 or so car at 21.

I had to pay about 1,700 TPFT for my first years insurance.. just grin and bear it as it does fall noticably after this.

May sound laughable, but try Direct Line - I couldn't find anyone cheaper to insure me on my Corrado 16v for two years on the trot! :)

go to elephant.co.uk they qouted me on a vr6 with full no claims car parked on street with cat1 650 quid and i'm 23 if thats any help. :D

just be careful you read the terms and conditions on elephant.

You can get a no claims point bonus accelerator in 10 months rather than 12, however I know of a few people who changed insurance companies after 10 months and they werent allowed the no claims point as they were suppose to stay with elephant. Something to do with it not being the full year point. Personally I think they shouldnt be allowed to do that cause you paid extra for that service then they just whip it away from you.

Try Greenlight mate, they were the cheapest for me.

BTW I paid £2500 fully comp. for my first yr insurance at 21, WTF was I thikning but thats the price you pay to drive a C. I pay £1250 now and thats with 2 yrs ncb and all mods declared. The cars parked on the road and in London.

Good luck.

some insurance companies give you a discount if you are a member of the Corrado Club of Great Britain, dont suppose you are?

The CCGB site I think is back up and running almost and if you arent a member and want to join if you wait till November you get 14 months subscription. If you joined now you would just get till this January.

just got a qoute online with elephant.co.uk...they wanted around £2779 tpft!

i've been told by all the companies to keep my excess to £250...and increasing it to max wouldn't make much of a change. Are they tryin to pull a fast one?

also..directline, i don't think it'll make much of a difference from Club GTI's qoute (vw pro insurer).

Anyone know any others??

Jim16v- cheers for that...its good to know i'm not the only one.

Joe M- thanks..i think its the best i've had so far.

is there anything else i can say or DO to make it go down??

Try Chris Knott Insurance that's who I'm with.

My car is garaged, cat 1, lowered, tinted windows and stainless exhaust and 2 years no claims. Got insured when I was 21 and it cost me £850 TPFT. I'm also a Corrado Club member which probably helped. Best £15 I've ever spent, has paid for itself about 8 times over the past year. Hope this helps. A phone number I've got for them is 08009172274.

I got insured when I was 20 by HIC they wanted £1600 to insure me tpft and I quibled that it was going to be my 21st birthday in 3 weeks and they charged me £1600 but then when I was 21 they said to ring back and change my policy to say that I was now 21 and they refunded me £600 I thought that was bloody decent of them as most of the other insurance companies didn't want to tiouch me till I was 21. And the best previous quote I had was £2500 what a joke. Give HIC another ring and see if they will refund you when you hit 21 worth a try anyway!!!!

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY!!!

thanks Biggrim..and also bally too!

I rang GIS Bally, they said they'd ring me back but didn't...so i rang Chris Knott instead,

I'm now insured to drive from TODAY! paying £853 TPFT!! i'm off to work..i'm late! but i think i can make it...i have 8 more valves! :p

Thanks again guys.

After looking aroubnd for 2 weeks, I'm paying just over £1,300 fully comp, with Norwich Union Direct, with no NCB's, declared sports exhaust on car which increased it by £150 !!! The excess is a joke too at £320.

Its criminal mate but you just have to grin and bare it, at least for the first year!!

Try http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk they'll quote you online then if you want you can call them, have a little chat about "lifestyle" stuff and they can reduce the premium again if, for arguments sake, you don't smoke, only drive so many miles, commute only, have access to 2 or more cars etc.

They brought my fully comp on our (I'm going to regret this :oops: ) 2ltr v6 Vitara down to less than £400, and thats with the wife on!!! They gave her 3 years NCD as she's been a named driver on my insurance for that time on her onion 18 16v Ghia Si. I was well impressed!

my first quote on my VR6, full comp, last year (when I got it), with me being 25 was.......................wait for it.............................£4896

think yaself lucky your not the sucker paying that (I didn't take their offer btw ;))

Thera

oh my word...thansk for all that guys...

Sanj- you can be sanj no.2 ahhaha...pleased to meet ya mate.

I'll be zooming around town 2morro on my day off and giving it a good clean!

Bally- we'll ave to meet up now mate...you goin to that show on sunday 16th november? we could convoy. :lol:

Im being ripped for £1250 full comp + cat 1 too. Four years no claims at 21 obviously isn't enough for some. Insurance prices are a joke.

Im being ripped for £1250 full comp + cat 1 too. Four years no claims at 21 obviously isn't enough for some. Insurance prices are a joke.

well considering your age and the insurance grouping a storm is in......thats not too bad