Sign in to follow this  
matt buz

goodyear F1's

Hey

I have seen some goodyear F1's for 45-55 quid on a website. Whats the best size for my standard 15" Estoril wheels.

Any help good help as I have no idea when it comes to these things.

Later all

Matt

195/50 R15

make sure you get the GSD3's and not the older GSD2's. The newer tyres have a stiffer sidewall.

neil

94 Flash Red 16v

I didn't think they did them in this size???

(I have Michelin Pilot's on at the moment...)

The trouble with the cheaper tyres (on-line dealer) is that you'll still need to get them fitted/balanced. By the time you work out the extra cost it's not actually that much cheaper :( (unless you know the place that's going to fit them and get 'mates rates' :lol:)

DtM.

I got 4 F1's (195-50-15's) last year (older tread pattern) and they have been great, they're on 15 inch borbets which are 7inch wide rather than the standard C's 6.5inch rims, seems to give a bit more control of the sidewalls, absolutely piddle on the Yokos I had before in the wet :D

David.

195/50 R15

make sure you get the GSD3's and not the older GSD2's. The newer tyres have a stiffer sidewall.

neil

94 Flash Red 16v

I didn't think they did them in this size???

(I have Michelin Pilot's on at the moment...)

The trouble with the cheaper tyres (on-line dealer) is that you'll still need to get them fitted/balanced. By the time you work out the extra cost it's not actually that much cheaper :( (unless you know the place that's going to fit them and get 'mates rates' :lol:)

DtM.

I have seen some goodyear F1's for 45-55 quid on a website.

There is a tyre shop in edinburgh that sells 195/50/15 for £47 inc fitting/balanceing/new valves.

hmmmmm

seems like i will have to shop around abit more.

Really not sure on what to get. Saying that anything is better then what I have got. I think the lad I bought it off chucked on a couple of cheap ones to get it through the MOT in order to sell it to me.......and I dont blame him.

I live in Leeds so if anyone knows anywhere around here that could do me a good tyre/deal then that would be great.

Cheers for all replies

when phoning around for tyres..ask how 1 is,if they say £55 each ,i always go "can you do 4 for a disc?" usually they haggle a bit

seen a few adverts in magazines that do mail order on tyres, but as some people have mentioned once you've paid to have them fitted etc it all adds up...