Sign in to follow this  
peter

VR6 what tyres?

Hi,

I need new tyres on my VR6. I have Avon ZV1 on at the moment.

These are quite an old tyre now. What does everyone else use?

Anyone tried Toyo Proxes T1-S on a VR

Cheers

Peter

Anyone tried Toyo Proxes T1-S on a VR

Cheers

Peter

Very good tyres, they wander a bit under very heavy breaking but other than that i cant fault them, in fact there the best tyres ive ever had in poor weather.

I use the Bridgestone Potenza RE720, the best all rounder I've encountered. They're pretty cheap too. Only snag is they're H rated (130mph max) for the 205x50x15 size, but I've not suffered any problems with that :lol:

If you want a V rated tyre (149mph Max), be prepared to pay extra!

Kev

i've toyos t1-s on my vr. much better than the goodyear f1's i had on before. will def get another set. i'm running on 17's though.

I use the Bridgestone Potenza RE720, the best all rounder I've encountered. They're pretty cheap too. Only snag is they're H rated (130mph max) for the 205x50x15 size, but I've not suffered any problems with that :lol:

Kev

isn't that an insurance no-no kev? as you are not using the proper speed-rated tyre for the car's performance potential........even though legally you are only allowed to do 70mph do the insurance companies not "void" claims due to tyres not being speed-rated etc :?

just ordered two yoko's A539s £80+vat fitted from bearsden autos 0141 9581 616 let's hope these babies can stop me sliding about like I'm driving on an ice-rink, has anyone used these as Robert at the garage reckons they are the latest tread pattern? :twisted:

i thought that too i'm sure if your car requires v rated tyres by law you must fit them with it good point though why why why are we still restricted to 70 in this country but i'll save that for another thread for another day :D

Try mytyres.co.uk

2 or more Toyo T1-s £46 each delivered to your door (no p&p or vat to add, just fitting.) 205/50/vr15. Wait a couple of days and they arrive. They have a huge range of tyres and some authorised fitters.

http://www.blackcircles.co.uk are the same kind of thing and offer better prices on some brands with their own franchanised fitters.

Hope these help

Kev

isn't that an insurance no-no kev? as you are not using the proper speed-rated tyre for the car's performance potential........even though legally you are only allowed to do 70mph do the insurance companies not "void" claims due to tyres not being speed-rated etc :?

My mistake, I've just checked my Bridgestones and they are indeed V rated. Tyres-online show it as being H rated only, which is where I got the pic from.

Didn't realise ratings had insurance implications, cheers for pointing that out!

Kev

Avons - great in the dry but a bit slippy in the wet.

They don't need much of a corner and a little bit of power to get the spinning.

Although I imagine the VR could make any tyre spin in the wet, given the right revs!