Sign in to follow this  
VR6*MarkOfTheBeast*

vw cd player to fit in a corrado?

got a kenwood cd player in my car when i bought it. not really into it. its got silver and orange on it and sticks out in my black interior like a sore thumb.

most of the other afteramarket head units i've seen are too flashy for my tastes.

i'd like to fit a standardish looking unit...are there any later spec VW sterio's that will go in.

any ideas?

where to look?

ta

On the advice of NickVR6 on here, I recently purchased a JVC KD-G722 head unit. Comes in at a very respectable £99 from most places, yet has a very nice quality and finish to it at that money and most importantly is quite understated with predominantly black detailing and a few silver buttons. Suits the Corrado well.

The biggest bonus for me is the USB port on the front - you can plug in a pen drive loaded with tunes instead of using CD's. I just got a 4GB Toshiba pen drive off eBay for £24! Thats less than it would have cost for JUST the iPod adaptor for my 4GB iPod Nano! I've stuck about 20 albums on there and have room for the same again.. its insane! :)

Very pleased with it for that money. Can get some pics of it in my car if you need further convincing :)

The place I got mine from is here:

Click click!

Jim, that looks alright for the money. Might go for it myself but then again our cars are already looking similar :lol:

lol.. doesn't bother me mate.. go for it. Well impressed for the money.

I will say against it that it lacks the depth and warmth that my old Alpine used to give me with exactly the same speakers, etc but the added features (old stereo could only play store bought CD's!) more than make up for that.

spend a bit more and get the Sony 1giga panel. Its black with white led and the good thing is you download the music you want straight onto the head unit itself and dont need usb cables everywhere memory sticks or anything..It'll read mp3 and wma files too. The sound is good too