had a prang in my storm and have managed to break my:

front wing

door

rear quarter

wing mirror

front bumper

back bumper

2 alloys

basially all along the near side, will they write it off? all answers appreciated

really bad news :( and yeh that does sound like another write off. some of the parts you mentioned are mega money from the stealers.

just make sure you can buy the car back from the insurance company, there is always a need for corrado spares, and there's about 5000 vultures on here. :lol:

get a pic up of the damage.

karl

yes they will. when the previous owner had a smack in mine it had a dent in the wing, bonnet, slam panel was bent and needed new headlight - resulted in a cat d.

most insurance companies will ask you if you want to buy it back for the salvage value, which is normally pretty negligable!

Could always buy it back, then use the insurance payout to get it repaired yourself privately using parts you source yourself (would save loads), worth considering if the chassis not fooked!

Argh thats gutting mate.

From my experience they'll write it off. There wasnt that much damage to mine and the inspector quoted £5000 to fix it. Which meant it was Cat C. They told me the scrap value of the car was 12% ish of the write-off value.

Get prepared for a bit of a battle with the insurance company over the true value of your car.

Stick to your guns though its worth it in the end.

Andy

Defo wrote off unfortunately. As said above, get your car back as salvage and sell the parts on to keep lots of other Rado's on the road. One dies but lives on in many others. Think of it as carrying an automotive donar card :wink:

gonna have to agree with what everyone else said..similar thing happened to mine..but got the salvage back!

As a general rule, if cost of repairs exceed 60% of the market value of the car then the car would be considered a total loss.

agreed a write off. but say to them them that you can source the parts. bumpers and wings ect if they can fix the rear quarter, (the tricky bit) and paint it. they may say yes. may not.

try to come to an agreement that if you can get the bits to fix and they may pay you an 'amount' to get iit fix and it may save it from being a cat d wite off. which will affect its value 'if' it ever does get fixd.

i had a small smash. front os wing and door. and they wrote it off. i said absolutly no way. - your right to. they gave me 1900 to get the parts and paint it. always haggle with the out come. but they will pick the car up. take it away to check it. can take up to a month! then either deliver it back to you and may take it to a secure lock up and a salvage yard to wait your outcome.

do not let them write it off. argu the fact that you can get secondhand parts at a fraction of the cost which you can supply etc

and good luck.

'Cash in leiu of repairs' is the phrase that descibes g60bv's above suggestion.

Ask your insurance company about it.