Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

gearbox help

just a general query....i jet washed the engine bay to get rid of sum of the caked on dirt grime and oil....a couple of days ago....drove the car today no problems but all of a sudden it has become difficult to move the stick and select gears do i need to regrease the cable conections?....side to side movement seems stiff and sometimes i cnt even get it into a gear i have to keep trying till it does engage.....could the box be on its way out? any ideas guys....

are g60 boxs readily avail if need be? how much would i be looking at?

First thing to check is actually on the gear stick itself. Just under the gaitor there is a shaft which the gear leaver pivots on with a little sprint clip on the end. This spring clip often comes off, resulting in difficult gear changes. Cost - a few pence, and easy to check.

I would also grease the cables as well, sounds like you have cleaned them out a bit too much whilst cleaning the engine bay.

Yeah - blast them with WD40 first, let that drain off then get a handful of cl grease and work it into the cable assembly - it will make a huge difference after a bit of driving

cheers lads . i have checked the cables wd40 em and checked the clip on he stick its there. i did notice the little bit that is rivited is quite loose....

can any one hazard a guess wh i et clutch peadle judder the first time i use it..?

yes i do have abs....funny hing is the light stayed on today after a bit of heavey braking.....plus is it normal for the pedal to kick back and take over??