Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Amusing Corrado thread on PistonHeads...

this is a new one on me too :lol: :lol:

"nubbin

Wednesday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a Corrado VR6 for 2 years - absolutely brilliant car, and I still miss it, 3 TVR's later!

The Fiat Coupe is fast, flaky and flawed, the Corrado is a gem. Get a "Storm" version though - slightly tuned engine, leather interior and THE Corrado to have..."

though must admit in the C VR6 versus Fiat coupe 20V T debate.......the fiat just totally devours the VR6 in a straight line............at a VWCCGB RR-day a couple of years ago Skid's mate and now boss took his Fiat coupe 20v T along and took me out for a spin round the block in it........just couldn't believe how fast the thing was :shock: :shock: ........though on the way down it he did have to pull over for a while to fix his wiper mechanism as it came off when he was using the wipers....pretty impressive on a 5 year-old car.........also the timing belt change is an engine out procedure and he was getting quotes of £1k+++ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: though its quite long interval IIRC 70k miles........anyway he made the most power on the day too...221bhp :shock: :shock:

Well the Corrado certainly seems to come out top, going by people's opinions. Discounting the 'mine's bigger than yours' people.

Coop mincing an R32? :lol: Get them both on a track and then see which is better!

But, the Fiat is pretty damn ugly if you ask me.

it all depends on the eye of the beholder......must admit it was very striking when it was first released but seems to have dated quite a bit......though i've also always like the shape of the Alfa Gtv and considering this was released less than a year later than the Fiat IMHO it still looks quite fresh apart from the rear lights which does date it too

I notice the Integra Type R cropped up in the thread, which is interesting because most car and chassis experts/scientists have concluded that the ideal weight distribution for a FWD car is 65/35, (not 50/50 as per RWD cars) and guess which two best handling FWD cars of all time have that exact weight balance? The Corrado VR6 and Integra Type R :lol:

Kev

I notice the Integra Type R cropped up in the thread, which is interesting because most car and chassis experts/scientists have concluded that the ideal weight distribution for a FWD car is 65/35, (not 50/50 as per RWD cars) and guess which two best handling FWD cars of all time have that exact weight balance? The Corrado VR6 and Integra Type R :lol:

Kev

I believe that may have been my comment....