Sign in to follow this  
smee

Dash problems! Update - still fubar!

Since Friday my dash seems to have died! The LCD's are both blank, and the speedo and rev counter aren't working, though they do flicker a bit at times, and seem to do so together?! Took the clocks out, then put everything back together, reconnected the battery and all the segments in the LCDs lit up (so at least they work!) but went off after a bit. warning lights which flash before you start the engine aren't doing anything either.

I've checked all the fuses and they're all fine.

So far all I can think of is replacing the capacitors on the clocks PCB, going on other threads I've read.

Think I've seen that mentioned elsewhere, possibly in relation fuel gauge probs? *goes to search for "voltage regulator"*

Update: Replaced voltage reg today aaaaaand.....it's still fubar. When plugged in the car, all the LCD segments light up, the temp and fuel gauges appear to work and the speedo and revs are still dead.

Also, the set of clocks I've been using in the meantime (from ebay) flash the LCD's when the ignition is off, and the clock doesn't keep time. All other respects are fine though, from the knowledge base this would seem to indicate they've been clocked or something similar, so is there a way to fix this and also wind the milage up to match my car if I can't fix my original clocks? (they're on about 30k less than mine should show)