Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

Aquamist System

Right This Aquamist thing, I understand it helps cool the inlet air and so generate more power!

Are they worth it for my car as It's 180bhp at the mo, With a remap I'm hoping for 230-240bhp!

Heard a few guys using them on IHI'd turbo cars, but thinking maybe overkill for mine????

Found A supplier here: http://www.interex.co.uk/

Any of you high power G60/BBM guys got one or anyone with a VR-T???

Cheers Guys

Steve

I ran it on my Rado G60, seemed to work very well when the weather was hot! and that was with a FMIC aswell as the W/I.. I Defo have plans to fit it to my Golf when i have the time and the money.

I didnt run the aquamist system, i ran a cheaper setup... but i think i may opt for the aquamist this time around.

I made my own for £25. really makes a huge differnece when it kicks in, in this warm wheather, i get a bout 10degree instant drop in charge temps

I am no way an expert on this but have it fitted to my s/c VR. The theory is that not only does it lower the inlet charge temperature, but when you are running bigger boost, and thus hotter temperatures, it reduces the risking of pre-detonation and thus serious damage to your engine.

As I say, I'm no expert here, but anything that is going to reduce the risk of engine damage, and perhaps also give more power, has got to be a good thing. Its not cheap, but I would then also go for the DDS3 cockpit gauge that will allow you control over the Aquamist in-car. You can then turn it on and off at will. All fitted, I reckon you would be looking at around £400-450. If you fit yourself, bet on about £300-350.

For definitive advice from people with more experience of it, try stormchargedvr6 and Cheesewire. HTH

you can mix in 50% methanol with 50% water. the water cools the charge, and the meth increases the burn

ALso it steam cleans your chambers removing carbon build up

i read some where that a remap was needed if you use methanol is that 100% methanol . or can you 50 /50 it with water with no need for a remap

Water injection is good,will certainly lower your intake temps but not as much as a intercooler or chargecooler. Depends what power your going up too.The more power the more cooling, Im going Chargecooler next , less pressure drop been im running a charger.