Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Edition ONE - Not quite a Corrado i know ;-)

its been described as a suicide pulley before - but not sure if it is actually seriously detrimental to the health of the charger - whether some track abuse will pop it! lol I can't see it though - sure its a case of keep it well maintained like everything else.

I think aslong as you respect the fact you have a 65mm pulley on the car, and dont over rev past 6200 all the time they are fairly safe to use..runnin

I had a 65mm pulley on my rado for 16k with no trouble at all really.. The only thing that did happen was that it popped an oil seal when i first blew a toothed belt due to the back pressure... but other than that it was ok! and upon opening it up the other day for a rebuild at G-werks the charger itself still looks spot on! even after the hard times i had been giving it.

Was going to get a VR 'Rado but i am fully onto a ED1 and this car has tipped me over the edge, quality Mike. Should i be beware of anything other than the usuall when buying one?

Just the usual G60 stuff.. and check for the usual rust... Most Mk2s will have a little rust.. mainly on the front scuttle and rear tailgate.. even mine has a little tiny bit.. but this is fairly common and can be fixed.

Obviously as much Serivce history as you can get hold off also helps.. :D

Other than that just wait untill you find the right one, i was very very lucky that this one came up when it did! hence why i had to sell the rado so quickly! otherwise this particular ED1 would have sold within hours of being advertised!

A big Thankyou to Darren @ G-werks! If he had'nt mentioned anything i would still be driving the rado now..!! :)

Yeh big thanks to Darren :thumb right: :lol: I love the ED1 it looks so much better up close then it does in the pics!! Nice buy Mike!!

hi mike long time no see mate just reading the new thread ill be back soon!

i dont ever think we gave the rado's too much stick did we :D only a very slow drive up to stealth the first time!

what i come on to say thou was saw your rado in southsea on monday i cam down to see the old man and tell the new owner his borbet flat caps are well dirty i have a pic of our 2 rado's together somewhere will try find it for ya!

hope the mk2 serves you well is she a daily?

Andy

Yeh they are proper dirty, I refused to wash the car on saturday as I knew it was going to pour down and had only washed it a few days previous. Colour coding them soon though so it will hide the dirt better :lol:

hi mike long time no see mate just reading the new thread ill be back soon!

i dont ever think we gave the rado's too much stick did we :D only a very slow drive up to stealth the first time!

what i come on to say thou was saw your rado in southsea on monday i cam down to see the old man and tell the new owner his borbet flat caps are well dirty i have a pic of our 2 rado's together somewhere will try find it for ya!

hope the mk2 serves you well is she a daily?

Andy

Hi mate!!

What car you got now then Andy! ?

The Mk2 is a lovely daily driver! loving it at them mo! Still kinda miss the rado but i think i am over it now. :D

I ve got a few choice euro looking mods awaiting fitment very soon... just gotta wait till the weather is better in order to fit them.. 8)

Then i can get cracking on with the engine work! lol

hi mate havent got anything yet" need to get past my holiday in the summer and get saving i'd love a TT but not sure about finances! seen a few for the 8.5k mark

but if not something with the g60 engine in again mate i know the engine well mate probs the same as you" i dont like looking at engines and not knowing anything about them!

have you got any of those pics of our 2 cars at the service station at that first RR day as i cant find the ones i had!

Just a small update.... :D

Fitted the new grille and yellow fogs.... think it needs smoked indicators and maybe some different lights...?

DSCF3545small.jpg

Just the usual G60 stuff.. and check for the usual rust... Most Mk2s will have a little rust.. mainly on the front scuttle and rear tailgate.. even mine has a little tiny bit.. but this is fairly common and can be fixed.

Obviously as much Serivce history as you can get hold off also helps.. :D

Other than that just wait untill you find the right one, i was very very lucky that this one came up when it did! hence why i had to sell the rado so quickly! otherwise this particular ED1 would have sold within hours of being advertised!

A big Thankyou to Darren @ G-werks! If he had'nt mentioned anything i would still be driving the rado now..!! :)

Well didn't get an edition 1 in the end mate but luckily this G60 came up not far from me instead, picked it up tonight, absolutely love it!

Air Con

Schwartz Black paint (also came on ED1!)

Super rare headlight washers

Massive History

Stage 4 etc.....

smallish update! havent posted on here for ages!!!

Car is still in at Greg Howells place for paint.

Primer Stages

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060-1.jpg

Few layers of Colour

DSC00062-1.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Then a few coats of Clear coat!

DSC00067-1.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070-1.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073-2.jpg

16" RSs....2 down 2 to go! ;)

12022008135.jpg

You're getting this paint work done in Southam are you not mate? Handy to know there is a quality bodyshop in the area! This car is going to be absolutely sublime when it's done! :)

You're getting this paint work done in Southam are you not mate? Handy to know there is a quality bodyshop in the area! This car is going to be absolutely sublime when it's done! :)

Yep! its not that far from Stealth racinng i believe?? i recognised the area when i dropped the car off 8)

but yeh! Greg Howell and the guys at Southam Bodies really know their stuff! wouldnt take my cars anywhere else now! that says alot in this day and age.

;) Its back!

Have to say (no arse licking intended) that Greg and Ian @ Southam Bodies are my Heroes!!!

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Just gotta put all the interior back together and sort the damn headlining which is past it i may not even be able to retrim it in vinyl as the fibreboard is so brittle, which reminds me! has anyone got a mint MK2 Headlining?? If so PM me ASAP! :lol: