Sign in to follow this  
vr6corrado

How to join CCGB?

There will be a full write up in the next Sprinter which will be out before Christmas.

I have no idea where the rumour of a cover up came from, but the meeting was well attended and all the issues which needed to be dealt with were resolved & decided.

If you want more information before the Sprinter comes out then please email me direct and I will answer your questions, but I do not intend to discuss the Club's private business on a public forum.

John

mailto:[email protected]

Hi,

As a member of the CCGB (2.5 yrs) who attended the EGM, I would like to say that I am very proud to belong to such a strong and open club. The CCGB has terrific benefits, has set up some wonderful shows. The contacts I have made in the club have saved me literally £100's if not thousands of pounds in tips, access to cheap parts, and contact with members with 2nd hand spares for sale.

The technical support provided is truely great, and the memebership fee is incredibly low.

I went to a meeting only on Sunday here in the North west, and it was a thoroughly good day, I learned how to do a job on the car (where the Bentley just confused me). and met some nice people too!

Keep up the good work!

Richard

If I can give my 2 pence it was worth it for all the Tech Support that I got from Chris Gaskell. That guy is AMAZING - really knows his C stuff, any problem I had he helped me solve!

So I will second that about the Teech Support DEFINITELY! Just a shame the parts discount no longer applies :(

i recently joined, for £8 and everything seems fine, got the magazine,card etc. all within a couple of days, have always had prompt replies with e-mails too! for £8 i aint complaining :lol:

I am afraid I am another one who had nothing but bad luck with CCGB. Did not receive one Sprinter, they lost my cheques, then stopped my membership, when it was one of their guys who had not banked the cheques. Still had them at his house for 3 months. Never got back to me. When I had a problem and asked for tech help, they were so late getting back to me that my membership was up by 2 days, so would not help until they received another cheque(would not have hurt to answer the question then say "hey your membership is up send a cheque") If they had got back to me within a month I would have still been a member. Sorry CCGB ever heard of customer relations!!!

Lemon,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had. Unfortunately the Club has had some organisational problems this year, and while I don't know the specific circumstances involved in your case I can tell you that things have been reorganised so that problems such as your will hopefully not happen again in future.

In as much as an apology is due to you (based on what you have said) then I will offer you that apology, and hope that you will possibly consider rejoining in the new year.

Your point about "Customer Relations" is well made but in fairness I would say that the Club (as indeed is the case with nearly all owners clubs) is staffed completely by unpaid volunteers, and it is sometime inevitable that delays can occur with correspondance etc if the Club staff have busy periods in thier day jobs etc.

If you want to discuss this offline then I am willing to see if I can help you. See - the new face of Customer Relations! :D If you wish to contact me then mail me direct at mailto:[email protected]

Cheers

John

Well I'm definately joining, despite the small amount of bad press, been putting it off for a year, but have just filled out the form today. I don't have a cheque book unfortanetly, Barclays decided that it wasn't a good idea, so I have to get one written for me ;)

Didn't know about the £8 thing.

If I send off a cheque today, how much will it be, and when will my membership run to? will I only get a month and half?!?!

Cheers in advance, and as said above, keep up the good work. As also said above they are volunteers, and doing this off there own back, so a little support from the community wouldn't hurt would it???

Cheers,

Dave Young

How long is the £8 subscription going to be running for?

I think I may be joining too, not been put off totally and I think I should give it a chance before jumping to conclusions.

its 8 quid mate, worth every penny, and by far the cheapest investment you'll make................. Except for if you are buying a dipstick, which as I discovered today, only costs 6 quid, and the collar costs 2!!!!!

maybe they could use that as a slogan, seeing as the VAT will push the price higher than the cost of membership.

"Join CCGB, you'd be a dipstick not to"

Thera

The CCGB is, in my opinion, worth every penny. Technically on this years membership, I made 20 quid back on reduced parts from my VW dealer shortly before I sold my Corrado, had an excellent day out at Woburn courtesy of the CCGB, went to a rolling road day at both Stealth Racing & AmD and have been to various other events and meetings. Not to mention the possibility of discounts from insurers (which I was offered whilst hunting for insurance on my Corrado) and I think your £15 is worth every penny.

There are other benefits which I haven't mentioned, including things like the Sprinter, the Corrado Storm poster we got this year, and things like Chris Gaskells tech-know files.

But I think I made my point. I am a total supporter and advocate of the club, and I think its going to have its best year in 2004, 'under new management!' :)

Just another vote of confidence in the VWCCGB :salute:

I attended the EGM and now have every confidence that the new committee can put this year behind them and move forward. I know that the specific problem that caused so much trouble this year is well on the way to resolution...

Don't forget that a properly organised club with paid for membership can use their funds for the members' benefit - e.g. track days, national days etc.

I think the forum has it's plus points too - the sense of community and technical help you can get here is also first rate, and for swapping photos/organising local meets/chit-chat etc. it's brilliant.

In an ideal world - the C Forum would be integrated into the CCGB website (or at least be linked from it!) - but given the history I don't think that will ever happen! :shock: :shock:

Imagine one consolidated place for Corrado owners/enthusuaists in the UK, with a free to join/use forum, and a fully organised paid-for club behind it too.... heaven :D

At the end of the day we're all just trying to keep our Corrados going & looking sweet - I'm sure that united the two "factions" would be so much more efficient ....

(ducks for cover...)

The issue of a CCGB forum has been kicked around for many years and in all honesty I don't think it will ever happen.

There are two reasons for this:

1) The possibility of legal action being brought against the Club as a result of something posted onto the forum - something which I know other Clubs have had trouble with in the past.

2) There are number decent forums available - why create more?

I have asked Andi if he wants a link to the forum from the new CCGB site as it's only kind to ask permission for these things first .

John

In an ideal world - the C Forum would be integrated into the CCGB website (or at least be linked from it!) - but given the history I don't think that will ever happen! :shock: :shock:

couldn't agree more, peace on earth, and good will to all men etc etc (except scooby drivers ;))

Thera

YAY!!!!

Got my membership card today, and my Sprinter, and sticker \o/

I think the next move is to order some of the back issues of the Sprinter, if they are still available, and haven't sold out.

Glad they liked my inclusion of my Magic Tree Air Freshener under the "Modifications" part of the application form ;)

Thera

yup. you'd think everyone could get along. but it seems not... :(

I think it's just a few people who don't get along - that's human nature.

Everybody can't get along with everybody else all the time - were all different people with different views.

For what it's worth I think the CCGB and the Forum are both great - just offering different advantages.

Dubster82... you are spot on about that... They are definitely "Main Stealers". As for the CCGB... havent much experience other than the bloke on the stand they had at a car show at Donnington, (John i think was his name) was mega knowledgable and helpful. Isnt it the only sort of proper "Corrado club" that exists?

ps, owned 2 different corrados in 2 years, and i think this is one of the most helpful and easy to use sites i have come across. :o

I was a member and it was shit (had one good day at the Donny meet) I got one copy of the sprinter for the whole year I was a member, didn't get any discount off parts that i couldn't have got anyway and then the website disapeared without even a letter to say what was happening. Oh and at the regional meets 99.5% of the attendees were more interested in their Sunday lunch than looking at and talking about the actual cars.

One word BOLLOCKS :x all they cared about was my money :(