Sign in to follow this  
tonedef

Schrick Manifolds

I have the chance of buying a Schrick manifold but unfortunately it's OBD2. What is the difference between an OBD1 and an OBD2 manifold, and can the OBD2 be easily converted to run with my VR6 Corrado?

Welding and machining is no problem for me but I don't know what other differences there might be.

Cheers,

Tony

The only difference between the two is the throttle elbow.

The Schrick is made up of 3 sections - Throttle elbow, main plenum and the runners.

You just need an OBD1 throttle elbow. They're quite expensive though IIRC..... best to ring Stealth to get a price.

If you know how to machine parts or can find one that does...you can always get an adapter plate made.

Denon and Autotech are distrubutors for Schrick in North America...lol it might be cheaper to buy and ship from here versus the UK. :?

I didn't buy the OBD2 manifold in the end as there was a an OBD1 one on ebay.de that I bought instead. Can't wait to get it fitted now to see what all the fuss is about :)