Sign in to follow this  
cormjah

Fuel line replacement

does anybody have any advice on replacing the fuel lines on a 91 valver? Just got her through the mot but had an advisory on the lines.

is it a pig of a job/expensive? is there a how to floating around somwhere?

any advice would be welcome.

cheers

Which ones, the injector lines or the lines going from the tank to metering head?

The original braided steel hoses from VW cost a fortune, but you can make up new ones cost effectively by using parts from http://www.speedflow.co.uk

They have the good quality braided lines and the proper ends to fit to the injectors and metering head.

does anybody have any advice on replacing the fuel lines on a 91 valver? Just got her through the mot but had an advisory on the lines.

Me 2 bud, let me know how you get on :)

LOL.... that's like walking into a dentist with a tooth ache and not knowing which tooth it is when the dentist asks :lol:

not too sure i get the gag cheesewire?! just stuffed the advisory in the glove box and went for a rip. have to dig it out and give it a proper read. there's no reak of petrol so I'm not too arsed for the moment!

hey there cheesewire. It's been a while i know but I've worked out its the injector lines (lol)! i saw some braided lines on some yank dohc setup, as opposed to the solid currved line that run from the injector to the head. any reccomendations for replacing? I think there's life in the lines but I don't fancy gambling and spraying my engine bay with fuel!!