Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

VDO Problem

Since fixing the oil leak on my filter housing i have been unable to get my VDO oil pressure gauge to play ball.

I replaced both high and low pressure sensors succesfully and refitted the pressure sender in the t-piece and now i get:

Gauge flys off the scale when disconnnected from the sender or connected either way around.

Im getting continuity across the pins on the sender..

Can anyone point me in the right direction please??

That problem happens with the VDO pressure sender when you have the gauge wired up to the wrong output.

Both outputs should be the same in theory, but I've seen it happen on two VR6s with the same sender.

I don't know what sender you're using, so don't know what to suggest.

Its a 0 to 10 bar sender that was supplied with the gauges from Vagparts..

The gauges read at max when nothing is connected, i did however try it last night with the leads resting on the engine block and it sat at zero as it should so it was earthed through the car.. So i connected the positive terminal up and put the negative on the engine and it behaves as expected (without starting the car) so am reckoning ive damaged the negative pin on the sender (i did use the pins as a lever when removing it) so its more than liekly the case..

Ive ordered a new one up so will give it a try and go from there when it arrives...