Sign in to follow this  
j16jrf

sunroof fixing kit

Does such a kit exist? If so how much is it and where could I get one, mine gave up the ghost today :(

Ps i have done a search for sunroof but i dont have 2 years to read all the posts lol

Thanks

Jamie

It wont open, when i push the button i can here the switch making a clicking noise but then nothing happens.

same happened to me today, only it opened, then didn't want to close!!! Then it rained :(

I get the clicking noise from the sunroof motor/switch - i've checked the fuses, the spoiler still works, and the sunroof opens and closes manually from the allen key.

I am also looking for the solution to this problem!!! if i find it i will let you know, but other wise, can any one else help?!!

yes Kieran exactly the same problem, its nice and free with the allen key so no jammed machanism i dont think and all fuses intact. baffled even sprayed wd40 on the guides to see if it would help but still no movement.

please help mine will tilt and close no problem and even slide open no probs but if i want 2 slide it shut i have to press the button about 50 times as only moves the roof about 3 mm at a time and clicks at the switch but when done will open smooth and tilt any time ,,,,,

I had the same problem when I bought my new VR six months ago. If you take the sunroof motor out, and open up the metal plate of the motor part, you might find the angled cog (not sure of the technical term) running off the motor shaft has a crack in it which is the clicking noise some of you can here (I guess) :( . This allows it to open in one direction, but causes dramas when trying to spin the other way. I tried everything, from superglue to trying a clever little metal staple, but no joy. Once that cog is broken, it is knackered!!!! I have not found a repair kit, VW don't sell the individual cog and I don't think the part is repairable (long term anyway). Why they designed it with a plastic part I have no idea! However the good news is that if you look around long enough you can find a brand new motor on EBay for about £10 to £15 + p&p, or a scrap yard can provide you with an instant solution for about £40 to £50. Hope this helps? Regards James. :D

thanks i will check the cog but it sounds like the switch doin a single click every time i push it

Mine tilted ok, and opened fine, but every time you went to shut it, it would close a small amount then click and stop as the cog got stuck. I suspect you'll find the switch and motor are fine, and it is the rubbish plastic cog as described in my previous post? But you never know? Good luck anyway.

Hi all, I've got exactly the same problem as some of you. It'll slide open no probs 90% of the time but then every now and then it wont close. Again I get the same clicking of the switch but nothing moving. sounds like i'm going to nhave to look at this cog!