Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

sunroof mechanisms? diffrence between late and early types?

tryd searching this but it brings up that many pages lol

i have a k reg g60 with the dreaded sunroof problem, ive been offerd one complete but i dont know how to tell if i have the late or early type mechanism? any visably way i can tell?

chears

simon

it's only the motor/trim cover and loom that are different, the mechanism itself is the same part for all Corrados, early ones have the switch in the trim cover, late ones in the light unit.

ok cool! so as he is supplying it all as one if the motor is wrong i can unbolt mine and bolt my motor on to the new mechanism?

chears for the reply mate!

simon

The late mechanism has an indentation to clear the larger motor assembly, and the adjuster screws/washers for the roof panel are attached to the mechanism, but that's it.

So a late roof will work fine in an early car using the early motor/loom/switch, but you can't use an early roof in a late car without changing to the earlier motor and switch.

Simple... :)

The late mechanism has an indentation to clear the larger motor assembly, and the adjuster screws/washers for the roof panel are attached to the mechanism, but that's it.

So a late roof will work fine in an early car using the early motor/loom/switch, but you can't use an early roof in a late car without changing to the earlier motor and switch.

Simple... :)

Absolutely bang on. I found this out the hard way.