Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Fitting a 6 Branch manifold, with the engine in....

Dont see why its not possibe. The bolts that hold the original exhaust manifold to the head can be cnuts to get off tho.

yeh its possible, i did mine with engine in. just very very fiddly when you come to do the bottom bolts. you will swear, you will cut your hands to shreads, you will be throwing tools around, you will possibly feel like selling the car.

but its worth it when its fitted,

well i think it was worth the hassle on mine as i feel the boost coming on alot sooner. but loads of people on here have them fitted, and they have all reported good things,

price, get one off e-bay the raceland one costs approx £175 inc postage, plus exhaust wrap approx £40. plus plasters for your knuckles appox £10 :lol: i think double6's may be selling one also

karl

I fitted a Raceland 6 branch a few weeks back (as well as a decat pipe and magnex catback system)

Wasn't too difficult, helps to jack the fromt of the car up quite high so you can get under to get at the nuts that hold the downpipe onto the exhaust manifold as they are a bugger to get at from inside the engine bay.

The bolts holding the cat onto the downpipe where totally seized and rusted up, so i took an angle grinder to them in the end.

All I salvaged was the cat in the end (for MOT time) so wasn't too bothered hacking the old exhaust parts up.

If you remove the throttle body, ISV and intake pipes etc it makes the job a whole lot easier. Even remove the intake manifold if you like, but not really necessary.

Heat wrap is a must I think as the steel of the 6 branch is so much thinner than stock (this is discussed several times throughout the forum).

Only other thing to watch out for is bolting the 6 branch back onto the head as the nuts can be a tad fiddly underneath.

Remember to get a new set of gaskets while your at it. GSF do the cat to downpipe gasket, but not the manifold to head gaskets (x2) as far as I can see so VW only I think.