Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Valver miracle!

I took the missus to the zoo yesterday for a lil day out. The journey was a 60miles round trip, and my 1.8 valver managed an AVERAGE mpg of 37.9!!! Yes, 37.9mpg, from a valver! And that included town driving, country roads and dual carriage ways! Also the temp never went over 80 and the oil temp never went over 98.

All in all i think thats pretty good, as valver owners will know how hard it is to get decent mpg out of the KR lumps.

It often amazes me howlow some peoples average MPG can be, my old Aqua Blue G60 averaged 34.6mpg over the 50,000 miles that I had it for - not taken from the MFA but calculating it properly.

Even now with my lardy Passat V6 with the added drag and friction of 4wd I'm averaging just over 30 :lol:

I did 60mph all the way down the motorway to work the other morning for a laugh, I was late anyway.

MFA from home to slip road of m-way read 47.9mpg, I reckon I could have got that up another 5 or so by slip-streaming the lorries rather than overtaking them :)

Whats your lowest been?

Seen mine at 14 something mpg a few weeks back - Hoping it was just the mfa playing up!Hasnt been that low since though

Lowest 12.something,highest 23.something.Not good!!!Perhaps i should change my footwear from these lead lined ones? :lol: Had worse 1965 F**d Anglia with race lump which i got down to 7mpg.