Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

My new brakes - plumped for AP

I prefer the signature black and yellow calipers personally, but I can't fault your choice of brakes at all 8)

Not familiar with those discs though, are they AP?

What pads are you going for? Pagid RS15 I hope!

Discs are OE Audi TT discs that have been grooved, machined to fit the bells and zinc coated - built up by the current owner of them.

Not sure about pads - you obviously recommend the RS15's - looking for good progressive bite, not that bothered about pad life as car only does 5-6k per year anyway.

Best bit about the purchase is the price - £425 delivered, only been used for 1,500 miles and only needs brake lines to complete, he's throwing in the pads he's already got fitted but will probably put brand new ones in

Nice one.

If you're not bothered about pad life, then definitely the RS15s.

You can cross reference your caliper model on their site to see if they're available in your caliper's pad profile -

http://www.braketechnology.com/race.html

They're quite noisy, very soft (can feel the grooves attacking them on the pedal), very dusty and expensive..... but they're well worth the money imo.

i've just put a set of Ferodo DS2500's on the Leon and they're amazing - so much better than the OE pads... could be worth a try?

i've just put a set of Ferodo DS2500's on the Leon and they're amazing - so much better than the OE pads... could be worth a try?

Good to hear a good comment on these, just waiting on delivery on them, to put in my ibiza brembos :D

Without hi-jacking this thread can somebody reccommend a disc to match this set up?

Not a great lover of the DS2500s. I won't bore you with the reasons why but they're a safe bet for 90% of people. For 10 percenters among us, the Pagid RS15 is the kiddie :lol:

As per Pagid's website "The RS15 takes some finesse to avoid over-braking the car.....". In other words, they bite like a rabid dog. Perfect for a car that has an inherently poor pedal setup.

As for discs, they do play an important part in overall feel, bite and resistance to warp. For the best of all worlds, you want to be looking at 2 piece discs and if you source the iron rotor from a reputable brand like Brembo (Gran Turismo), AP Racing, Alcon, TAR-OX, Endless, etc etc, the quality of iron alloy will be far superior to OE discs. The thicker the better too, so a minimum of 28mm IMO....