Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Robs Project 'Doofy' - Gone but not forgotten!

His MK1 was lovely, im getting more and more tempted to get one and start a major project, it would have to be at the sacrifice of the Rado though..

Yeah it was an awesome mk1, dunno why he sold it really. I love mk1's they are just the essence of cool imo slammed on wide 13's, subtle is the key with them, i think 15's or the clipper bodykit etc just ruins the look. I do still want a mk1, i was looking but they still hold their money if you want a good runner, the equivilent to my polo (D reg, 74k miles, not much rust etc) would cost a fortune! I was looking at ones in pretty bad nick with high miles for £500+ which is too much at the moment. So i got the polo just for uni and when i can afford it i will sell the polo and get a mk1!

Haha this polo is SOO cheap to mod! Look what i just won on ebay, ok they werent exactly going to be expensive but still!! :lol:

BARGAIN Wheels

Expect to see it slammed on these steelies very soon! Im going for 'Pet-Rat Look' pet rat being a clean and tidy rat style, classic rat look with rust and filth etc are imo like fooking great sewer rats that look horrible, mine will be like a house rat thats very clean and looked after :lol:

well done with the wheels, i had some on my first ever golf, quality lil car, reminds me of good times :lol: make sure you respray them the brightest silver you can as i used halfords wheel paint first and they always looked a lil dark, used a brighter silver and they looked super fresh!

I still think you should try the starsky and hutch white stripe down the side... contrast well with the newly shiney paint!... maybe try a photo chop and put it to the the vote :D

Bloody good work with the paint Rob!

She's in better nick than mine now!!

Shame you're not closer as you could have practised your flat red polishing a bit more...lol :lol: :D

well done with the wheels, i had some on my first ever golf, quality lil car, reminds me of good times :lol: make sure you respray them the brightest silver you can as i used halfords wheel paint first and they always looked a lil dark, used a brighter silver and they looked super fresh!

I still think you should try the starsky and hutch white stripe down the side... contrast well with the newly shiney paint!... maybe try a photo chop and put it to the the vote :D

Well i dunno whether to refurb them in bright silver like you say or spray them black :?

Im not doin the starsky and hutch white stripe! Im going to be using the car to go around valeting/detailing so i dont want to embarass the people parking up on their driveways :lol:

I done a quick p-chop though :wink:

Wow this machine polishing is amazing. How much would you charge to do a whole car or what's the going rate?

Nice work.

Hi mate, it was you at edition 38 wasnt it?? If so then yeah i think your car could definately do with a polish as it was nice and swirly, but being black its hard not to swirl it really!

I am going to be detailing soon as my part time earner as im going back to uni, the polo is going to be the daily hack and the corrado will be sitting in the garage hopefully with the rotrex on!! So if you aren't a million miles away and want me to do it then thats fine. I havent been doing it for that long so i wouldnt be as good as some detailers like Nathan for example, but i do a good enough job i think. The polo has old single stage paint ie no lacquer so was a piece of piss to polish, modern cars have lacquer and german cars especially have lots of very hard lacquer so are a lot harder to polish! If you are interested PM me and we can discuss it further mate!

Well i dunno whether to refurb them in bright silver like you say or spray them black :?

Im not doin the starsky and hutch white stripe! Im going to be using the car to go around valeting/detailing so i dont want to embarass the people parking up on their driveways :lol:

I done a quick p-chop though :wink:

DO IT! Have it done in Vinyl and if you don't like it (or get called "gay") you can take it off again!

Wheels... Black and reds....Hmmm or thought about signal orange? :lol:

ok i'll conceed that looks a bit gash! but at least it shows your not takign the car to sseriously :lol:

Silver and Blacks look cool Rob...

BTW you may want to get a rear wiper for it as wel (unless you've deleted it when Photochopping) as they don't half pick up dirt on the rear screen..the shape means you have a ball of dirty spray following you. The one I had ended up with a wiper and rain-ex to help shift it. Especially bad if you have to use the heated screen too as it dries it on!

Silver and Blacks look cool Rob...

BTW you may want to get a rear wiper for it as wel (unless you've deleted it when Photochopping) as they don't half pick up dirt on the rear screen..the shape means you have a ball of dirty spray following you. The one I had ended up with a wiper and rain-ex to help shift it. Especially bad if you have to use the heated screen too as it dries it on!

Its ok mate, the wiper is just p-chopped off, im not going to delete it though it was just an idea i had when i first got it but after driving it about since i have realised it does get pretty dirty!!

I think its going to be silver! Black just doesnt cut it, the silver really stands out. Just need to get them ahem i mean Jon just needs to get them for me ahem :lol: and then can start sanding and spraying them 8)

More bargains i afraid, i just cant help myself at the moment! Tomorrow morning i am going to be picking up the complete suspension and brake set up from a G40 all for £50 which includes front and rear shocks/springs, the front shocks have the hub carriers etc still attached with the brake calipers/carriers/discs and pads! The springs are also lower so it will be sitting a bit lower although.

And they are only up the road from the wheels so i am going to be picking the wheels up as well as the suspension/brakes in one go!

But i promise thats it then!!! :lol: (he says!!! :roll:)

More bargains i afraid, i just cant help myself at the moment! Tomorrow morning i am going to be picking up the complete suspension and brake set up from a G40 all for £50 which includes front and rear shocks/springs, the front shocks have the hub carriers etc still attached with the brake calipers/carriers/discs and pads! The springs are also lower so it will be sitting a bit lower although.

And they are only up the road from the wheels so i am going to be picking the wheels up as well as the suspension/brakes in one go!

But i promise thats it then!!! :lol: (he says!!! :roll:)

Followed by a G-lader.. leather.. etc... :lol:

Rob the mini cooper S charger fits a Polo engine BTW ;)

STOP IT!!! :lol: im just going to fit these parts so it drives and stops a bit better, give it a service and then just use it for uni! It might need dropping a tad more though once the wider steelies are on :lol: but i might just cut the springs :wink:

STOP IT!!! :lol: im just going to fit these parts so it drives and stops a bit better, give it a service and then just use it for uni! It might need dropping a tad more though once the wider steelies are on :lol: but i might just cut the springs :wink:

And that's what you were going to do with the Rado... ;)

:lol:

Get amongst it Rob, ive just made my first purchase for my Golf and i dont even have the car yet..

Im saying black rims and will be going down a similar road..

Like your style Michael! Spending before you even get the car :lol: Spill the beans then what you been buying?

Hmm i dunno about black wheels you know, i think black wheels with oak green will look cool but with the brightly polished red im thinking it has to be some bright silver steelies to compliment it!

Im going to be getting a rediculously rare Mk2 interior. Pictures and full story will be coming..

Like your Polo, the golf is a great Ebay car - theres so much you can get dirt cheap..

For sale if anyone wants it :lol:

Got the chance of a fairly yidy mk3 golf for a good price but need this to sell in order to get it.

Im looking for £150. I paid £100 but its had new fuel tank, new exhaust, G40 suspension and brakes with new discs and pads so spent a bit on it.

Its got a few things that need sorting which i may get round to, the front wheel bearings need doing but these ones are held in with a c clip not pressed so its not a big job.

Don't suppose there is any Tax or MOT on it?? LOL :lol:

There is actually, tax until the end of march and MOT runs out middle of Feb